Tuesday, April 16, 2013

stripes, chocolate cake, & other tidbits of information.

I've participated in the Liebster Award a few times before, but I cannot resist playing along each time I'm nominated. This may be my last go-round, though, because I just keep getting more of you lovely readers :)


non-related photo {senior year us.}

What is the Liebster Award?
Here are the Rules!:

This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers...the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.

1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.

** I'm skipping out on nominations this time since I've already nominated most of the under-200-followers blogs I read**

I was nominated for this award by Jill at And life goes on... Thanks, Jill :) 

My random facts:

1. Iced Hazelnut Macchiato is my new go-to drink at Starbucks.

2. I don't care what anyone says about horizontal stripes. I have a thing for them even if they do make me look fat.



3. I go back and forth between wanting to grow my blog and wanting to delete it. I don't know how you full-time bloggers do it. This shizz takes a lot of time and energy!

4. Two dream jobs of mine are: professional organizer and small business owner, specifically a cafe, bookstore, boutique, or thrift grocery store. {By dream job I mean "Hey- doesn't that sound fun?" I don't actually have the education/training/experience to do any of these.}

5. My sweet tooth hits in the evening. Dessert after dinner and a snack before bed are my two worst eating habits.

the ultimate chocolate peanut butter cake!

6. I recently discovered my love for grilled asparagus. 

7. My son can instantly erase any bad mood. Seriously- that face. :)





8. I never fill out a form of any kind without thinking I could design it better. Spaces too small to write in, confusion over whether to write above or below a line, not having the option that applies to me in a multiple choice answer, etc.

9. I didn't watch the news until I had a kid. I'm not sure whether this is because as a SAHM of a baby I am actually home in the morning and evenings to watch it, or because I now care what's happening in the world my son will grow up in.

10. I want this bedroom.

relaxing bedroom


11. JD does his best to avoid office supply sections at stores at all costs. I get distracted easily.

Questions from Jill:


1. Would you rather live in the city or the country? I'm going to cheat and say suburbs :) But if I had to choose- country.


2. What is the best part of your day? When JD gets home from work.

3. What is your dream job? Being a SAHM is pretty great, but if it included monetary compensation that would be even better.

4. Name one thing you like about yourself. I like my crazy need for organization.

5. What is your favorite store to shop at? Target. Fo sho.

6. What social media accounts do you have?

Facebook 
I also have two long-lost Tumblrs (1, 2) and a sub-par LinkedIn account.

7. Who is your favorite singer/group?
Kenny Chesney never lets me down (except with his horrible rendition of Away in a Manger. Wow.)

8. What is your favorite meal to cook? Anything involving a crock pot is my kind of recipe. I was also pretty obsessed with chili this winter.

9. Who is your hero?
My mom. One of many reasons- She had both me and my sister with no pain meds. After giving birth I appreciate this so much more. (Note: Not to undermine her feat, but one labor was 4 hours and the other was 45 minutes. Not fair.)

10. When do you write your blog posts?
Usually the evening before they're posted. Sometimes the morning of.

11. What is the weather like right now?
Around 70 and mostly cloudly. Not too shabby, Ohio.

1 comment:

Betty said...

O.M.G. I love that hat your kiddo is wearing...too cute! Congrats on your award.