Thursday, April 11, 2013

SPD: {on your own time} Clothespin Workout

I'm getting this post up a little late, but I'll blame it on the plumber who was here sawing through our 1st floor ceiling all morning. Darn you bathroom leak!

Saw It, Pinned It, Did It is a great way to share pins that you've actually completed. My biggest success rate comes with recipes and I enjoy a good DIY now and again. Rarely, if ever, do I get around to the workouts that I pin. Apparently today was my day (aside from the drywall dust now caked to my lungs)!

This workout is quick and requires little to no equipment, depending on your fitness level. As a stay-at-home mom I like things I can get done during nap time or fit in while Paxton is occupied in his Exersaucer. It can be broken down into several super short sessions, grouped to fit the time slot of TV commercials, or done all at once (still a short workout). Completely flexible and personalized :)


You'll need:
clothespins
any type of container
sharpie marker
hand weights (optional for exercises)

I used the following exercises- reps or time in parenthesis. These are for where I'm at right now...which is probably way below the fitness level of all you endorphin chasers out there :) Done all at once with little rest this is also a good cardio. Since the exercises are picked at random, you may be going back and forth between standing and sitting a whole lot!

Chest Press (15)
Plank (1 min)
Sit-Ups (30)
Scissors (30)
Double Leg Drop (30)
Russian Twists (25)
Lunges (25)
Jumping Jacks (50)
Push-Ups (10)
Reverse Crunches (20)
Superman (25)
Squats (20)
Bridge (1.5 min)
Curls and Tricep Press (10)
Cross-Cross (1 min)
Front kicks (20)
Front Raises (10)
Bicycles (30)
Side Bends (20)

Need more information about a specific exercise? Leave a comment or email me: catchyourheartblog.gmail.com

The instructions are this are pretty straightforward- come up with some exercises, write them on the clothespins, pick one out, and complete it! When done, clip it to the container and pick another one.

Here was my pin-spiration, the ORIGINAL PIN:

What a great idea. Write a bunch of exercises (with reps) on popsicle sticks and put them in one cup. Whenever you have a chance, grab one, do what it says, and move the stick to the Done cup.

Now go on over to see Steph and check out the other awesome pins!

2 comments:

SK said...

I love this idea! I'm not a fan of gyms, I'd rather take dance classes or do something at home. This is perfect because it will fit into any schedule.

I am hosting a friday favorites link up tomorrow at my blog, createdbysk.blogspot.com, and I would love if you considered linking up.

The Nanny Jenny said...

What a fantastic idea, I always have like 5 minutes here or there and never know what to do with it, this would be a great way to keep me moving. Looks great :)