Monday, March 11, 2013

5 for Five for this c-r-a-z-y week!

PartyOfOne  

Last Week:

(1) Finish reading this book. Just a couple more chapters to go. I'm hoping to finish during Paxton's morning nap today and make a run to the library to return it later this afternoon. This obviously takes priority over packing.

(2) Watch everything saved in our DVR. DONE! Well, except for an episode of Blackboard Wars that recorded last night. Another thing that takes priority over packing. That show makes me even more thankful for how awesome my school environments have been.

(3) Pack. Not done, but on track. Our apartment is a maze of boxes.


(4) Prepare for my guest speaking appearance.
DONE! I didn't end up using the rough outline that I made, but it was a good starting point. I wrote a little about how the class went here.

(5) Write and schedule at least 3 blog posts. FAIL. Several drafts are waiting to wrapped up and published. Hopefully I'll get around to it. If not, it'll be quiet around here for a few days.

This Week:

(1) Get posts up 3 days. Despite our crazy week, I'd like to stay in this blogging grove. I've noticed when I take breaks it's harder to get back into the swing of things.

(2) Eat healthy on the road. Fast food restaurants are the easiest places to stop because the bathrooms are usually okay and the food is quick and cheap. I'm going to do my best to pack some healthy snacks and only stop at Starbucks ONCE.


(3) Take all nighttime baby duties. JD has an almost full day of work at his current job on Tuesday...followed by a 10 hour drive Tuesday evening/night...followed by a full day of work at his new job on Wednesday. INSANE. I'll try to remember this and let JD get some much needed sleep.

(4) Don't get annoyed with family members. Our family is awesome when it comes to helping us out. My parents helped move us to WI 2 1/2 years ago. They both helped move us to this apartment 6 months ago. And now JD parents are helping move us back to OH. As much as their time and effort is appreciated, I get so overwhelmed with all the questions ("Where does this go? Is this box packed and ready?") and irritated when things don't get done the way I think makes the most sense. I need to keep sarcastic comments and annoyed sighs/eye-rolls to myself.

(5) Take deep breaths and remember to be excited about this move! 


Relax

Happy Monday, everyone :)

2 comments:

Mary said...

Good luck with your busy week!

Erin said...

Hag in there ma'am!! I know what you mean about taking a blog break and it can def be tough to get back into it again after that. And try to keep a level head with the family... I think everyone gets annoyed when moving haha!