Monday, February 4, 2013

weekend happenings + 5 for Five

Happy Monday, all! I was relieved to wake up on Sunday to a new day which meant I wasn't stuck in a Groundhog's Day loop :-P Here's what else I was up to this weekend...
 

+ Went grocery shopping. Tried out Aldi for the first time and forgot they make you deposit a quarter to get a cart and they don't have bags. This resulted in us walking around awkwardly and only buying as many items as we could carry.

+ Took some naps.

+ Played with the baybay.



 Bert wanted to join in on the fun.

+ Watched a movie. Loved it.

Lawless (2012) Poster
{pic via}

+ Made some vegetable soup. Recipe here.



+ Got up for middle of the night feedings. SO not cool, Paxton. Get back on the sleeping-through-the-night train, please!!

+ Watched the Superbowl. Loved Beyonce (who doesn't??). Wasn't impressed with most of the commercials. My favorites were:





Yum.

And I missed the Psy pistachio one :( Just saw it on the news this morning.


+ Got excited that the ole rodent predicted an early spring. 

PHOTO: An early spring is on the way, according to groundhog "Punxsutawney Phil."
When the Pennsylvania groundhog emerged from his dwelling at Gobbler's Knob on Feb 2, 2013, he did not see his shadow.
{pic via}

**********************************************    

And, now, since it's Monday (boo!) here are my short-term goals for this week!

PartyOfOne

Last Week:
(1) Weigh myself. Done. ~149-153. I know that's a big spread, but our scale isn't that reliable. I got 153 last Tuesday, 152 last Tuesday night, and 149 Saturday morning. I've been eating better, but I did NOT lose 4 lbs in less than a week :-P I'll average them out and go with 151. Besides when I was pregnant, this is the highest I've ever been, but it's in the normal BMI range for my height. Want to find yours? Go here :)



(2) Put together and mail the package for the Spread the Love Vday Swap! Finally got it all put together this weekend. This is actually a fail because it was supposed to be post-marked on Friday. A very nice apology note will be included now.
(3,4, & 5) Follow the diet! I did very well (for me) at this. We decided to break our no cereal rule because we were getting SO sick of eggs and fruit for breakfast. We got some gluten-free Chex which are delish!
This Week:
(1) Hang baby shadow box (that I made 2 weeks ago) and other pictures (which have been sitting around since we moved in 6 months ago) in our bedroom.

(2) Finalize JD and Paxton's Valentine's presents. And share them with you all :)

(3) Wash our new mattress pad and put it on our bed. Boring, but it needs to get done.

(4) Make Paxton's baby food. I've seen several awesome tutorials from new moms and will be attempting some avocado puree and sweet potato puree this week!

(5) Follow the diet!

***********************************

Have a wonderful first full week of February <3  

4 comments:

Jenn said...

So, I was lame and didn't pay like ANY attention during the Superbowl last night so thanks for the recap on the commercials. I liked the ones that you posted!

So, you did AWESOME on your goals last week. I'm super excited for you! Ha, I'm actually eating gluten free chex as I type this :)

I'm excited for your week ahead! I can't wait to see what you have for your Paxton & JD for Valentines's Day. I know that you can do it!

Good luck this week, Sarah! Thanks for linking up and the support as always!

Nicole Depies said...

How nasty was the Go Daddy commercial with the girl and guy making out haha.

Great work on sticking to your diet! :)

Miranda said...

of course the Clydesdale commercial made me tear up but my favorite commercial was Amy Poehler and Best Buy...but I'm pretty much obsessed with her! can't wait to see your v-day gifts for your boys!

Syndal said...

hahah love that pistachio commercial!

Paxton is SO cute!