Friday, February 8, 2013

grammy picks!

Happy Friday, everyone!

I have to say, I may look forward to the weekends more as a SAHM then I did as a teacher. Ok...no, that's not true. Those pre-teens gave me gray hair. And I couldn't wear yoga pants 24/7.

I looking forward to this weekend because I have a major mid-winter cleaning spree planned for this lil apartment. The trash leaked all over the kitchen floor this morning as I wiped it up I had the sudden urge to disinfect everything in sight. We have to get this place cleaned up! Life is so much better when you're in a spic-n-span environment, am-I-right?!

The Grammy's are also this weekend! I love a good awards show, even though I feel like there's one every 2 weeks. I've actually looked ahead to see the nominees for the categories I'm interested in. And my picks are...

Record of the Year:
- Lonely Boy, The Black Keys
- Stronger, Kelly Clarkson
- We Are Young, Fun
- Somebody That I Used to Know, Gotye
- Thinkin Bout You, Frank Ocean
- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Taylor Swift

Album of the Year:
- El Camino, The Black Keys
- Some Nights, Fun
- Babel, Mumford and Sons
- Channel Orange, Frank Ocean
- Blunderbuss, Jack White

Album of the Year: Some Nights by Fun  Best Pop Vocal Album: Some Nights by Fun
{pic}
Song of the Year:
- The A Team, Ed Sheeran
- Adorn, Miguel Pimentel
- Call Me Maybe, Carly Rae Jepsen
- Stronger, Kelly Clarkson
- We Are Young, Fun

 Ed Sheeran, The A Team this song makes me sad.
{pic}
Best New Artist:
- Alabama Shakes
- Fun
- Hunter Hayes
- The Lumineers
- Frank Ocean

Best Pop Solo Performance:
- Set Fire To The Rain [Live], Adele
- Stronger, Kelly Clarkson
- Call Me Maybe, Carly Rae Jepsen
- Wide Awake, Katy Perry
- Where Have You Been, Rihanna

 Adele
{pic}
Best Pop Duo/Group Performance:
- Shake it Out, Florence and The Machine
- We Are Young, Fun
- Somebody that I Used to Know, Gotye
- Sexy and I Know It, LMFAO
- Payphone, Maroon 5

 I'm sexy and I know it=))
{pic}
 
The Best Pop Vocal Album: I really have no idea about this one...
- Stronger, Kelly Clarkson
- Ceremonials, Florence & The Machine 
- Some Nights, Fun 
- Overexposed, Maroon 5
- The Truth About Love, Pink
 Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album:
- Christmas, Michael Buble
- A Holiday Carole, Carole King
- Kisses on the Bottom, Paul McCartney

MICHAEL BUBLE CHRISTMAS
 {pic}
Best Country Solo Performance:

- Home, Dierks Bentley 
- Springsteen, Eric Church 
- Cost Of Livin', Ronnie Dunn
- Wanted, Hunter Hayes
- Over, Blake Shelton
- Blown Away, Carrie Underwood

Wanted- Hunter Hayes  
{pic}
Best Country Group/Duo Performance:

- Even If It Breaks Your Heart, Eli Young Band
- Pontoon, Little Big Town 
- Safe & Sound, Taylor Swift & The Civil Wars
- On The Outskirts Of Town, The Time Jumpers
- I Just Come Here For The Music, Don Williams Featuring Alison Krauss

 Keep on Dreamin' 
{pic}

Best Country Song:
- Blown Away, Carrie Underwood
- Cost Of Livin', Ronnie Dunn
- Even If It Breaks Your Heart, Eli Young Band
- So You Don't Have To Love Me Anymore, Alan Jackson
- Springsteen, Eric Church

Eric Church  
{pic}

Best Country Album:
- Uncaged, Zac Brown Band
- Hunter Hayes, Hunter Hayes
- Living For A Song: A Tribute To Hank Cochran, Jamey Johnson
- Four The Record,Miranda Lambert
- The Time Jumpers, The Time Jumpers

 Zac brown band. 
{pic}

I tried to share the love and not pick the same artist too many times :)

What are your picks for the 55th Grammy's??

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: