Thursday, February 28, 2013

BIG announcement!

Here are some clues...

{Diddy- Dirty Money- Coming Home ft. Skylar Grey}

{Blake Shelton- Home}

{Bon Jovi and Jennifer Nettles- Who Says You Can't Go Home}

{Simon & Garfunkel- Homeward Bound}

{Ohio State Fight Song}

Got it??

WE'RE MOVING BACK TO OHIO!

JD accepted a position in Columbus and we are headed home in 2 weeks. Literally, home. We're moving in with my parents. I never really got in the groove of saying "My parents' house...", anyway. I just call it my house. A 21 year habit is hard to break.

But let's get back on track here...

If you've followed this blog for ...mm, five minutes, you'll know my heart beats for the state of Ohio. I grew up in a small central-Ohio town and loved every second of it. I was never the person who wanted to leave as soon as I graduated high school. I went to a small-ish college in a suburb of Columbus, where I met JD, and was offered a job in a nearby school district before graduating. It just so happened that JD was also offered a job. In Madison, Wisconsin.

It didn't take me long to realize I was going to follow him to Badgerland. Although we were just dating at the time, we had discussed marriage and knew we wanted to be together forever. I didn't want to spend my early twenties without him by my side. The first few years post-graduate are times for great fun and great change. I wanted to experience it together. I'm very glad I made that decision. As much as I complain about being 10 hours away from family and close friends, I love Madison. We have had a great 2 1/2 years here. In a perfect world, we would be able to take JD's current job, my current job-in-waiting, and the small city atmosphere here and move them near our loved ones.

But something had to give.
We were so tired of driving 10+ hours on every holiday, not being able to go to those impromptu get-togethers that friends and relatives have, and missing birthday parties. Especially now that we have Paxton. I grew up surrounded by aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents and I want the same for my son.

We are going to greatly miss the friends we have made here. I can only hope we stay in touch to the closest few and meet up whenever possible. In addition, I am very ready to reconnect with high school and college friends!

AND I'll need a new blog name! Brainstorm...Go!

I'll try to come up with something creative as I pack up our apartment in the next 2 weeks. Yes, that's right- 2 weeks. JD's first day at his new job is the day after his last day at his current job. Craziness.We never do things the easy way. Last time we moved (granted, it was only 15 minutes away), I was 34 weeks pregnant. We must secretly thrive on drama.

I'm going to go frantically make the longest To-Do list ever.

Happy Thursday!

11 comments:

Cassie said...

how exciting!!!! "a buckeye in buckeyeland" haha just kidding.. good luck with all the packing!

Whitney Tomlin said...

YAY! That's so fun! In Feb 2011 my parents decided to relocate to florida so we went with them! we were there by May! Then when I found out I was pregnant in November 2012, we decided we all wanted to move back to alabama.. and we were here jan 17th! We secretly love the drama too obviously! haha

Emily said...

EEK. How exciting. Good luck!!

Amanda @ everyday b and b said...

Woo hoo!!! Where in columbus? We are in worthington! I thing a blog date meetup should happen!! Welcome home :)

Mary said...

YAY!!! That's so exciting!!!

Emily said...

Woohoo, back to Ohio!!! Where will you be in Columbus? I'm in Hilliard. :)

Jenn said...

What fantastic news, Sarah! I know that you've got to be SO, SO, SO excited! I can't wait to hear about your new adventure :)

eliz said...

I'd be excited to leave Wisconsin too....<----hahaha little humor from the chicago-an.

Enjoy moving..being near family makes life so much easier. My mom moved to Mexico...but I am so fortunate to have my in-laws so close!

Megan O. said...

Yay!!!! So exciting and welcome back to Ohio :) Now that you are going to be back in the area I think a blogger meet up in necessary! What area will you be in? We are in the New Albany area!

Kimberly Cotter said...

Looks like my other comment didn't make it--but WOO HOO FOR YOU!!! Columbus is lucky to get the three of you back! :)

Meghan said...

That's so exciting! Congrats!