Monday, January 7, 2013

{twenty-five}

 tag it.
 {pic via}

Twenty-five years ago (yesterday) I was welcomed into this world.

One year ago (yesterday) I had my first prenatal doctor's appointment.

Time flies!

Because I have an obsession with To-Do lists (to the point where I'll write something down I've already done just to cross it off....), I've come up with 25 things I'd like to do in my 25th year of life. It's this fancy thing called 25 in 25, which I'm sure you've seen elsewhere in blogland. Or maybe it's supposed to be 25 by 25...in which case I'm late to the party. Either way...

I'm linking up with 5 for Five today because this is the same concept...just on a larger scale :) Make a list of 5 things you want to get done this week and share. The support from this link up is fabulous!

PartyOfOne

Because my birthday falls at the beginning of the year, it sort of seems like these are resolutions. However, I've already made those. My 25 things are mostly fun goals and a few will really depend on where life takes me. Sort of like my 101 Things in 1001 Days challenge, which I'm failing at miserably and is also up at the end of this year. See, I've got too many lists going at one time...it's unhealthy really.

Some of the things overlap lists...which means if I accomplish them I'll be able to cross them off twice. Woah. My heart just skipped a beat.

So here they are- my 25 in 25.

sparkle2
{pic via}

(1) Complete 3 RAKs (Random Acts of Kindness). -pay for someone's fast food or coffee, send a care package, etc.


Pinned Image

{Cute honeymoon gift basket. Pic via}

(2) Go on a weekend getaway with JD. 

(3) Revise my teacher materials- behavior plan, rules, sub info, etc.

(4) Attend a Madison event- Mallard's game, Mad Dolls roller derby, Brat Fest, Dane County Fair, etc.

(5) Volunteer/Donate- soup kitchen, Goodwill, give blood, etc.

(6) Run a 5k.

 running fitness motivation
{pic via}

(7) Update my teaching license- So many things need to be done to keep this thing legit.

(8) Take a class- exercise related (yoga, pilates, boot camp) or education related (reading, behavior management, curriculum development)

(9) Get a new car- new to me, probably not new in general.

(10) Send Christmas cards- adding in a letter would be nice, too, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

(11) New blog design/layout- Not sure whether I'm ready to take the leap and pay someone to do this or if I'll attempt to reconfigure it on my own.

(12) Meet some blog friends- Coincidentally, I got an e-mail from Miranda about the possibility of a Midwest Bloggers meet up this summer in Chicago! Interested? Good. Stayed tuned with Miranda at Aimless Translation :)

(13) Scrapbook our wedding- This would be a great 2nd anniversary present to myself.

(14) Keep in better touch with friends- text instead of Facebook message, call instead of text. Snail mail is fun, too.

mail

{pic via}

(15) Attend a Theta Nu event- homecoming, pledging activity

(16) Start a savings account for Paxton- Moms (and general money savvy people), anything specific we should do here or just a separate account for him??

(17) Perfect a chocolate chip cookie recipe- I want to be that mom.


Chocolate Chip Cookies

{pic via}

(18) Take more family pictures- and I don't mean by holding the camera out in front of us.

(19) Organize recipes- with the cute binder my mom got me for my birthday.

(20) Sponsor 2 blogs- I've gone back and forth about it. Putting money into blogging (even if it's just a few dollars) doesn't seem necessary right now. Then again, blogging is something I truly enjoy and I want to get all I can out of it. Also, there are several blogs I really love and I'd like to help them with their hobby.

(21) Watch a sunrise and sunset- Yes, I've done these both before, but the main point of this one is to relax a little. Sit back and enjoy life.


Sunset

{pic via}

(22) Complete a DIY project/craft for our home. Hopefully more than one!

(23) Document these goals in a mini-scrapbook- Lots of crafty goals. I better make a long visit to Hobby Lobby. Rough. ;-)

(24) Reach 230 GFC followers- This number probably seems small to most of you, but I don't really do much to gain followers. I've taken part in a couple giveaways and I participate in some link ups, but I rarely advertise my blog elsewhere on the web. I'd really like to reach out and connect with other bloggers out there via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. The number itself isn't really important (I came up with it by striving for 5 followers per month), but the relationships are. I love "meeting" new people :)

(25) Take videos of Paxton- Specifically fun events and milestones like swimming, crawling, walking, talking, and holidays.

Birthday
{pic via}

Happy Birthday to me :) I hope to make 25 the best year yet!


One more thing- Yesterday I mentioned a makeover for this corner of the internet. It's a work in progress. Got some new fonts and images. Working on a new header! Any good FREE photo editing/design sites out there, besides Photobucket?? 
 

6 comments:

Kimberly Cotter said...

Happy Birthday! The list is a great idea (I'm a sucker for a good to-do list myself). Good luck accomplishing all your goals!

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Miranda said...

Happy Birthday!!! Thanks for mentioning the meet up! I think it will be a lot of fun!

Mary said...

Sounds like a great birthday and a great list! Love the new design, too! Oh and a Chicago meet-up! Can I come?!?! :)

eliz said...

Happy Birthday!! Oh gosh 25...*sigh* to be 25 again! haha. I hope you accomplish everything...I really like your teacher-goals..I change things up constantly in my classroom...ideas...procedures...I like it because it keeps me up to date..I don't want to be that old crabby teacher that does the same thing EVERY year.

Ohhh Chicago meet-up..can I come? I do live in the area. :-)

Kristen Alexis said...

I love this idea!! Can I do it when I turn 24 at the end of the month?? lol