Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Movin' on up...movin' on up

Please tell me you sang the post title.

Good. Now I can rest easy knowing my readers are even more awesome than I already thought.


Actually, I really just wish I could rest at all. I'm currently up BEFORE my 4 month old. Whaaa? I know. Horrible.


Last night (I wrote this on Sunday morning so by "last night", I mean Saturday night) around 9:30 I suddenly got inspired to give this ole blog a makeover. This is no simple task for me. I'm hardly competent when it comes to resizing images, centering headers, and dealing with Blogger's design template on general. I would sink faster than an obese fish if I tried to do all this jazz from scratch. I was up much later than usual. Last night was also Paxton's first night in his bassinet. Until now he's slept in his hammock at night because he's never really enjoyed being flat on his back. He's still in our room which means every time he moves a muscle, I wake up. He sleeps like a rock in that hammock, but apparently more freedom to move around (even though he's still swaddled) means he's gone from a rock to a fish out of water. (2nd fish analogy...weird). He rustles around and makes all kinds of noises.


This post has really gotten out of control. I simply wanted to share my plans to invest in my blog this year. A few of my 25 in 25 goals were about blogging because it's something I really enjoy. My love for it has grown in the recent months and I want to get as much out of it as I can. That being said, I've made some design changes around here. I finally got a signature thanks to this tutorial. I'm a simple, step-by-step kind of person so I need things like this! A new header, post dividers, and social media icons are on the way. 


I've also decided to sponsor a few blogs in the upcoming months. When I first starting blogging, I didn't understand sponsorship. It seemed silly and unnecessary to me. But as I dove deeper and deeper into this thing, I got it. Most of the blogs I subscribe to are written as a hobby. Hobbies take time and time is money. I love reading blogs and I want to help support the writers.

Another benefit of sponsoring is exposure, which is why some blogs refer to it as advertising. Of course I'd love to grow my blog. Who wouldn't?

Most people introduce their followers to their sponsors. I'll be doing the opposite. I'll be introducing you all to the blogs I'M sponsoring....because I'm choosing ones I read on a regular basis. Ones I truly love and think you will too.

I'm not quite ready to offer my own sponsorship/ad spaces yet. I think I'll do a little sponsoring of my own first to get my feet wet :)

Usually, I'm not a fan of change, but I'm super excited about getting more involved in the blogosphere! Stay tuned to see which bloggers I've chosen to support!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Go you! I remember when I started learning all of these things. lol. Now most of it just comes second nature. I can't wait to see what you come up with!