Friday, January 18, 2013

{happies & crappies}

Today is the first ever edition of Happies and Crappies with Sarah and Stephanie :) Share a few ups and downs of life lately and link up!
Scissors and a Whisk: Happies and Crappies Link Up
Happies

+ Paxton and I attended Baby and Me Storytime at a local library yesterday and had so much fun! The group is for non-walkers so there were little ones from 1-11 months. Paxton LOVED looking at all the other babies. We sang songs, read a board book, and I got to chat with some of the parents afterward. We're so excited to go back next week!

+ Our DISH box crapped out on us last week so we lost all our recordings. Fortunately this is going on the Happies list because our new one came on Wednesday! I had never had DVR before last summer and I'm already addicted to it.

+ I used my "Buy 5 holiday drinks, get a grande free" coupon today. Hellooooo, White Chocolate Mocha.

+ It's currently 41 degrees outside.

Crappies

+ The high for Tuesday is 7 degrees.

+ I have put off doing laundry for wayyy too long. My weekend is going to be filled with lots of washing, drying, and folding :-/

+ We had our mail held over the holidays and when it all arrived we had some that didn't belong to us (darn you JD for having a first name that's a common last name...). Anyway, we've had these people's mail for a couple weeks now and kept forgetting to take it to the apartment office. Hopefully they won't mind getting their Christmas cards on Valentine's Day.

+ That evening of relaxation I was so excited about turned into a regular evening plus a shower. Please note that a regular evening does not actually contain one of those. So, even though I didn't get a bath, reading time, or an at-home mani/pedi, I did eat some delish chili and worked on some personal hygiene. I guess this should really be a "happy". 

I'm wishing everyone a wonderful weekend :)

4 comments:

Miranda said...

our high for next week is 3. do you watch Jimmy Kimmel? watch this video about people from california overreacting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6t-EjrtD3U

Stephanie Wolfe said...

storytime seems so much fun! glad he loved it. oh- and hope you get a relaxing bath soon! thanks for participating in happies and crappies! we hope you'll join us next friday!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

My husband recently used that Starbucks coupon too ;) I told him we need to get a Starbucks card because we go so often!!

Emily said...

We LOVE library story times! So much fun :)

Emily
Simple Suburbia