Monday, December 10, 2012

weekend update & {5 for five}

We had a fairly relaxing weekend around these parts.

Winter has arrived!


Madison was graced with this loveliness Saturday night into Sunday morning. We braved the snow to go to the grocery store and JD picked up one of these


I don't drink pop because I dislike carbonation, but I enjoy cranberry flavors so I tried it. Love. I'm sorry to say it may make me jump on the diet soda train.

Paxton practiced his "standing"

  
and hung out by the tree in his Christmas jammies.



JD and I also blew through a Netflix disc of The Big Bang Theory.



Now that Monday is here againnn, I need to start thinking about my 5 for Fives :)

PartyOfOne
 
Last Week
(1) Complete JD's 12 Days of Christmas. FAIL. I did have the first present ready though which was good since it started yesterday. I decided to bump it up because starting on the 20th I'll be in complete holiday travel mode. We aren't actually leaving until the 21st or 22nd, depending on weather, but laundry and packing will take a while.

(2) Finish the book I'm reading. DONE! I recommend this book to anyone who likes dystopian novels. It's geared towards young adults so it reads really fast.

(3) Buy and wrap more gifts. DONE! There are 9 wrapped presents under our tree (totally okay if one is for my cat...) and 7 more sitting in our family room waiting to be packaged up. 

(4) Buy stockings. FAIL. I actually think I'm going to skip stockings. For the past couple years JD and I haven't had any of our own because we haven't been at our apartment for Christmas. We travel to our parents' houses and they have our childhood stockings there for us. We'll get new ones and one for Paxton next year.

(5) Workout at least 3 days. DONE! We did the following workouts:  cardio, cardio, abs, butt, abs and shoulders, and full body. We mixed and matched depending on how we felt that night. They're great for people who want to workout at home and don't have any equipment. We just can't splurge for a gym membership right now and even though our apartment complex has a workout room, I can't don't want to leave Paxton for long enough to go there. These videos and routines will do for now!
Overall, I did pretty well! Moving on to...
This Week

(1) Clean out closet. Sur-iously. This needs to get done. 

(2) Finish Christmas shopping. If I can get the rest of the gifts this week, next week can be reserved for wrapping.

(3) Work out at least 3 days. Project PBB: Pre-Baby Body has begun. Post coming soon.

(4) Take Christmas pictures of Paxton. I see all these cute ideas on Pinterest like this, this, this, and this, but mine will NOT turn out like those. For a few reasons. First, Paxton cannot sit on his own yet. He also no longer sleeps just anywhere, anytime. And he dislikes tummy time. Therefore, any good pictures I do get of him are pure luck. Maybe a Christmas miracle will happen and I'll become an amazing photographer juuuuust as he smiles.

(5) Make homemade ornaments for the grandparents. Tongue depressors, glitter, glue, cardstock, and copies of Paxton's footprints.


Good luck to all you 5 for Fivers
& check out this giveaway here! 

xoxo,
Sarah

9 comments:

Mia @ The Chronicles of Chaos said...

Awww, I love his leg warmers! So cute. :)

Good luck on your list for the week! The homemade ornaments sounds like fun. :)

Happy Monday!

Stormy said...

I LOVE Cranberry Sierra Mist!

Erin said...

Oh my goshhh, Paxton is getting so big! And somehow just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!! ;) Love his leg warmers!

We have a 30 day free trial of Netflix right now and have been going through a billion episodes of The Office!

Sarah said...

I love that Sierra Mist and have been drinking it all weekend!

Tasia said...

What a cutie pie! He has such a cute smile (:

The Big Bang Theory is the best show ever...now I'm tempted to watch a few episodes, even though I have work to do.

Good luck with your goals this week! I'm loving your blog. Consider me a new follower (: Have a fantastic week!

Lindsey said...

Paxton is so cute! I hope he behaves for you just long enough to get a good picture!

Kristen Alexis said...

I am so jealous of your snow!!! I use to live in Chicago and I loved this time of year. Nashville does not look like it will be getting any snow anytime soon! :( Nice job on 3 outta 5 goals!

Jessica said...

I am so jealous of your snow!!

Great job last week, and good luck this week! I can't wait to see how Paxton's Christmas pictures turn out - he is just too adorable! Thanks for linking up!!

Ashley Barnhill said...

Those baby leggings are precious!!