Monday, December 10, 2012

Project PBB: Pre-Baby Body

As I'm writing this, it's Tuesday December 4th and I'm watching CBS This Morning. Two Victoria Secret Angels are being interviewed because the VS Fashion Show is on tonight. If JD was here, he would know their names, but I'm not as up on super models as he is. He can tell me their names and ethnicities....heights, bra sizes... Kidding.

Hopefully.

But this point of this post isn't to expose my husband's attraction to extremely beautiful women. Everyone figured that out when he married me. Kidding, again.

The point of this post is to talk about the number one Mommy Problem. No, it's not being covered in spit up and drool. No, it's not being robbed of rest and relaxation. This issue is bigger than both of those combined.

The baby weight.

If you are one of those women who eats cupcakes for every meal and still weights 100 lbs, you have no need for this post. But if you're normal, you understand where I'm coming from.

I gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy. 50 LBS, PEOPLE. Can you say crazy? I was healthy and baby was healthy so my doctor was not concerned at all. And I constantly heard, "Oh, you're going to breastfeed? You'll lose the weight quickly!". Apparently that's a thing.

Well I'm almost 4 months out (on Christmas) and I'm unofficially (my scale sucks) down 37 of those pounds. Not bad. However, the real issue here is how soft I am. Ladies, you know what I mean. Not only do we want to be skinny, but we want to be tight. I'm not sure my poor belly button will ever look the same again.

I don't want to burden you with horror stories of postpartum bodies. Really, I'm sure I don't look that bad compared to some people. But I'm not some people. I'm me and I want to look like me again.

Enter Project PBB: Pre-Baby Body. I would like to not only be back to my starting weight of 145 but challenge myself to get in the 130's. I wasn't really in the greatest shape when I got pregnant, but I'm 5'10" so 145 is actually normal.

The problem here is that I have little to no motivation. All my life I've exercised for sports. My main goal was to be the best I could be for whatever sport was in season. I've hardly ever exercised to look good and be healthy. Now that I'm no longer playing anything competitively, I simply don't work out. I also eat chocolate like it's going out of style. That's problem #2.

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to lose the rest of this baby weight. I'd like to rock a bikini in the summer. I don't have a solid plan for Project PBB, yet, for a few reasons (which are probably more like excuses) but I only have a couple weeks left to putz around. I need to get serious.

I'd love any advice you'd like to throw my way. I know a lot about working out for sports, but not so much about just general getting in shape and being healthy. I'd love to check out any programs you have found to be successful. Comments/e-mails (abuckeyeinbadgerlandblog{at}gmail{dot}com) are appreciated!

xoxo,
Sarah

3 comments:

Mary said...

You're gorgeous no matter what weight you are, but I totally understand wanting to be healthy! :)

The most success I've had (though I still have miles to go to get where I'd like) is with a trainer. I can't afford it, but it's the best money I've ever spent. However, for at-home fitness, P90X also worked! I think it's the best out there: I really liked the variety and it's pretty challenging!

eliz said...

ahhhh I am freaking out a bit...hahah I always been thin and now this whole weight gaining thing is really stressing me out....I kinda can be a bit high maintenance...and lazy (to work out) at the same time. BUT all my co workers do the weight watchers thing..and supposedly it works wonders. Something to think about for motivation.

Kathleen said...

Good for you girly! I know you can do it! Let me know if you need anything! Support, motivation or suggestions I am here for you!