Friday, December 14, 2012

positivity.

I noticed I'm a tad really negative around here and I apologize for that. This is the place I go to "get away" and it helps to vent every now and then.

I have a pretty bad case of blog envy which leads to house envy, clothes envy, social life envy, and just general life envy. I read other blogs and think "She's a better person because she has cuter clothes" or "Omg, they do cool things every weekend and all I do is sit around." In my head I know that sitting around is really family time and what I wear doesn't define who I am. I also know that most of the time, a blog only shows parts of a person's life they want it to, i.e. the good ones. Despite this, I can't help but get a little jealous of everyone's cool Christmas decorations or perfectly photographed dinners.

Today I'm not going to try and measure up to other people's blogs (and lives). I'm going to be thankful for what I have and share with you how truly awesome (though far from perfect) my life is.

+ I'd like to start with my amazing husband.



Even though I call him names and talk about his lack of romance, I love him to pieces and can't imagine my life without him. He is such a good man and great father.

+ This little booger (just had to Google how to spell that...) warms my heart every day.


He doesn't care if I wear my yoga pants two three days in a row. Or that I don't have a fancy-pants camera to take pictures of him with. He just wants me to make funny faces and tickle him when he's nakey. And I can definitely do that.

+ I don't live in a large, Pottery-Barn-decorated home. You won't find any stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, or even coordinating end tables here. But we do have a Christmas tree with presents underneath and enough cute smiles to distract every visitor from our plastic set of drawers (think dorm room).



+ I'm very thankful for the weather we've had lately. We got some snow to get into the Christmas spirit, then low 40 degree and sunny weather melted it away.

+ I realize smartphones are not a necessity, but mine sure makes my days better.

+ These recipes have made dinnertime extra yummy this week.

- Southwestern Stuffed Peppers

 Southwestern Stuffed Peppers

- Chicken and Biscuit Casserole

Pinned Image

+ It's FRIDAY, which means I have 2 whole days with my husband ahead of me.

+ In one week we will be surrounded by family. Being home for the holidays really is the best feeling.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a fantastic weekend. Try to not get lost in the crowds while finishing up your Christmas shopping :)

xoxo,
Sarah

6 comments:

Kate as of Late said...

I think a lot of us feel that way (the blog envy) occasionaly, I know I certainly do! I recently came to terms with the fact though that my blog is my blog, and if people like it then, awesome!! I just really need an outlet and I love that I can share it with people with similar stories :)
Your baby is adorable! And merry Christmas! Love your tree (you're ahead of me on the one!! ;) )

Erin said...

If it gets really bad, just stop following those particular blogs. I had to do that with one that was really inspiring negativity in me.

Also, I like to remember that people LOVE to put the glossy stuff on the blogs, but in reality their marriages could be a hot mess. People won't put that part.

Mary said...

I totally get blog envy, too, but you know what? I may know you and love you in person which makes me a little biased, but all I know is this: the glossy blogs? I skim their content. I rarely read every post because that level of perfection is boring. I read and look forward to every word of all of your posts! Just keep being you! That's why we all read your blog :) Plus, I don't have a fancy camera or matching furniture, either!

PS I'm pretty sure Paxton just keeps getting cuter and cuter. What a smile!!

Kiana Bates said...

I think everyone secretly gets blog envy. It's like pinterest but for specific people where you're constantly trying to look like them. But I think it's good to see what you love about you!
And I love the fact that you googled how to spell booger. Made me laugh :)

New follower!

kianabates.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

I'm a new follower and this post is seriously amazing. I know exactly how you feel. But the thing to remember is that your blog is about you! I have to remind myself of this constantly as it is so easy to be envious of all of the things others have. I rent a house in a small wisconsin town and I definitely don't have a house like you see in all of these blogs. But I have so much more. I have my little girl to warm my heart daily and the most amazing man in the world to share it all with!

I love your blog and can't wait to read more!

Kelsey Eaton said...

Your little guy is absolutely adorable!!

Kels
storiesofkel.blogspot.com