Tuesday, December 4, 2012

JD's 12 Days of Christmas


 I have such a hard time buying gifts for my husband. He hardly ever asks for anything specific and I'm not well versed enough in his interests (video games, comic books, sci fi novels....He's a cool person, I promise.) to pick out something on my own. I usually resort to getting him some sort of shirt because he NEVER goes clothes shopping on his own.

This year, I was inspired by this pin to try something different.

The 12 Days of Christmas: Blessing Your Husband I love this list because it isn't expensive or outrageous stuff, just simple, heartfelt "I love you's"
(original pin)

Something JD hates so much that he loves it is anticipation of presents. I always let him know when I'm going or have gone shopping for his gift because it drives him crazy! These (almost) 2 weeks worth of gifts will keep him guessing.

Here's how it works. Buy, make or plan a gift that corresponds to the number for each day. You can deliver them however you like, but I think it'll be exciting to place them in random spots so the recipient just stumbles upon them. I'm also hoping to make little tags with cute sayings for each gift. We'll see if I get around to it.

You may be thinking- If you have a hard time thinking of one gift, how are you going to think of twelve? That's a valid point and I was worried at first. But, these don't have to be expensive! The whole point is the surprise and excitement. I went in more of the stocking stuffer direction for most of the days.

Here's the plan for 
JD's 12 Days of Christmas: 
(Some of the days are still up in the air, so ideas are appreciated!!)

Day 1: 1 item to keep you stylin'. A shirt. (I knooooow, but I bought it before I decided to do this!)
Day 2: 2 little feet. Footprint ornament made with Paxton's 2 footprints.
Day 3: 3 things to keep you warm. Gloves and a hat.
Day 4: 4 suites. A deck of cards.
Day 5: 5 snacks. Trail mix with peanuts, cashews, M&Ms, raisins, and pretzels.
Day 6: 6 friends for your feet. Socks.
Day 7: ???
Day 8: 8 ingredients = Your favorite food. Pumpkin pie.
Day 9: ???
Day 10: $10 to your favorite fast food restaurant. Gift card to Wendy's.
Day 11: 11 special deals for you. Homemade coupons.
Day 12: 12 months of Green and Yellow. Packer's calendar.

The socks could also go on Day 12 since technically 6 pairs is 12 socks. Diet Sunkist (6 pack or 12 pack) could also go on Days 6 or 12. Day 4 may end up being DVD's because a local store is having a 2 for $3 sale this week. Days 7 and 9???

Here are some more ideas I have that could work for multiple days:

-gum
-razors
-lottery tickets (too late for the BIG money, but that's okay!)
-puzzle books (crossword, sudoku, etc.)
- ties
-keychains
-car air fresheners
-candy
-iPhone/Pad apps
-note pads

There are many more options if your man is into cooking, hunting, exercising, art, or other hobbies. My man isn't. I'm sure bedroom-related gifts would also be appreciated, but I'm keeping it clean. Probably ;-)

Is your man hard to shop for? 
Do you have holiday gift-giving traditions with your significant other?

I'd love to hear about them!

Technically the 12 Days of Christmas start on Christmas and go until Epiphany (January 6th). However, I like the idea of doing this before Christmas to really enjoy this holiday month. I will be doing it even earlier than that because of the traveling we have to do closer to Christmas. Of course I'll keep you updated on how this turns out :) 

Happy Tuesday!

xoxo,
Sarah

1 comment:

Mary said...

What a cute idea! Andrew just tells me which game he wants to go to with me and I get the tickets lol! Then I surprise him with something small when we exchange since he always surprises me!