Wednesday, December 19, 2012

How is it almost 2013?!

2013. Already. This seems crazy to me. Before we know it we'll be in the 2020's. Doesn't that just sound weird??

I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions, per se. I like to refer to them simply as goals. I don't pick things that I have to stick with every single day, like giving up a certain food or drink item. I figure I would mess that up around Day 5 or so and then the whole thing would be shot. I've chosen things that will be in the back of my mind all year and can be completed over time. Here are some things I hope to accomplish in 2013 :)

(1) Grow out my hair. Every time I cut my hair I long to have it back. After I got married in October 2011 I chopped it off...


...and donated it- that's why I have the pigtails. I don't just keep my old hair :-P  In November I went to the salon again (yes, over a year later) but just got it trimmed.



These Pinterest images have me wanting my long hair back.


bridal hair.


Pinned Image


 Pinned Image

(2) Lose the baby weight. Last week I wrote about Project PBB. A new year is the perfect time to get serious about this shizz.

(3) Use all my 1/2 empty toiletries/cosmetics. JD was super happy to hear this goal! I have a ridiculous amount of partially used lotion, chapstick, and body spray. I don't like to waste things, so I've kept them around. In 2013, they'll get used!

(4) Once a month, throw away/give away something I'm not using. This will be so nice for my apartment! There's too much stuff crammed in here and most of it is shoved into what little storage space we have. Getting rid of things is hard for me. I seem to put sentimental value on everything. A gradual purge shouldn't be too hard, though.

(5) Complete as many Day Zero goals as I can. You can find all the goals here. The end date is Christmas 2013, so this will be a great resolution. If you look at the list, you'll see not many things are crossed off. Little Paxton wasn't even a dream when the list was created, so his conception and arrival changed my course a little :)

If exercising is one of your New Year's Resolutions, head on over to Call Me Mrs.! You could win some goodies to help you out :)

Call Me Mrs. New Year Giveaway


4 comments:

Krista Lynn said...

Use all the half empty toiletries is an awesome goal!! I might have to do that one too, I'm really bad at that...

Krista

Erin said...

I'm reallllly wanting long hair again too. I hope mine hurries up with the growth lol!

I'm trying out something new this year too, in regards to getting rid of stuff. I'm just keeping an empty box in our hall closet and trying to put things in it throughout the month, and then the 1st of every month I want to take it to Goodwill. Hope it works ;) I need to declutter!!

Cassie said...

great goals! I haven't even thought about New Years resolutions yet, but this is inspiring me to do so.

eliz said...

GReat goals...I chopped my hair off right after we got engaged and I regretted it...so I didn't do the post wedding hair cut...and I refuse to have short hair for some years ahead. Growing hair can be hard though...hahah takes forever!