Monday, December 31, 2012

here's to a fresh start.

I love beginnings.

The first page of a book.

A blank planner.

"Play ball!"

That new car smell.

Each of these things just scream POSSIBILITIES!


Even when I have a plan (or 2 or 3), life throws surprises my way. I like being in control of tomorrow, which I'm sure is very amusing to God. There's no way I can possibly know what the rest of my life holds. So far, all the twists and turns have led me to happiness. Everybody has regrets (even if you're one of those people who say you don't!), but I wouldn't change a thing in my past for fear that it would alter the present.

.

During the blizzard that knocked out parts of the Midwest on Thursday, I found myself really loving life. I actually stopped, smiled, and thanked God for all my blessings. I was standing in the kitchen cutting Christmas shapes out of cookie dough. There was music coming from my Christmas Pandora station and my husband was doing some sort of funny dance routine to make my son laugh. I just thought, "Life is good."

Printable Quotes

Sometimes I wish I could see the outcomes of all my decisions before I make them. Wouldn't that make things so much easier? At the time, it may seem like it. Then again, it would take all the mystery away. Reading a spoiler for a movie makes it a little less exciting.

something i need to do

My wish for you in 2013 is to have more of those moments that make you pause and smile. Go after what you want, but always remember what you already have. Take a chance. Ask questionsReally live.

 New Year   


Cheers to another year!




4 comments:

Brook said...

Wonderfully said! I think God has a good time with those of us with type A personalities. :)
Happy new year to you and yours!
xoxo

Cassie said...

love this! cheers to 2013! :)

Jessi Francis said...

I completely understand! I am very much of a planner as well, but have to remind myself to trust in Him everyday for HIS plans, not my own. Happy New Year! :)

Mateya said...

Happy New Year! I'm soooo behind on blogs! Paxton is such a cutie! Hope motherhood is going well for you! :)