Tuesday, November 6, 2012

see you at the polls!

It's Election Day!

{pic via Google images}

The only reason I'm excited about this is because after today I won't have to see another political commercial...at least for awhile. It would be nice if I could say ever. I absolutely hate them. They're all edited and taken out of context. And negative. I can almost stand the ones that don't bash the other candidate, but those are few and far between.

At 24 years old, I voted today for the first time. (Okay, not really. But the first time was via absentee ballot for my high school's levy.) I have never been a fan of politics. I avoid any political talk like the plague. I didn't vote in 2008 because I wasn't informed. This is the first time I've had a strong opinion about who I think should lead our country, so I'm putting in my 2 cents. If I didn't have a strong opinion, I'd not vote be okay either way. That last part is key. If I don't vote, I don't complain about the outcome.

I'm interested to see where the next four years will take our country. No one really knows what will happen, even the candidates who say they will do certain things. I am thankful for today and to be free. May the best candidate for the job win. 

xoxo,
Sarah

1 comment:

Erin said...

Glad you have a strong desire to vote this year!! :) I'm really anxious to see what happens tonight!!