Thursday, November 29, 2012

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.


This link up is so awesome because I pin things like crazy and hardly ever complete them. I try out recipes more than anything, so I created a Successful Recipes board. You can be sure that these dishes taste good :)

Today I have an amazing dessert for you all: Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls.

When I saw this pin, my initial thought was "They're the same as Buckeyes, but with chocolate all the way around." After some research I discovered they may or may not be the same as your Buckeye recipe. Either way, they're easy, which appeals to me almost more than they're deliciousness.


You'll need:
-3/4 cup butter, melted
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
-1 (16 oz) container peanut butter
-12 oz chocolate chips, melted
-wax paper (I used foil and it worked just fine.)

(1) Mix together first 4 ingredients.
(2) Roll mixture into little balls with hands.
(3) Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate until cold.
(4) Dip in melted chocolate. I did this easily with a toothpick. I ended up making them look like Buckeyes because I didn't have enough chocolate to completely cover them.
(5) Place back in refrigerator until firm. This is where the wax paper comes into play, if you have some.
(6) EAT! A giant glass of milk is recommended :) These are RICH. I can only eat one at a time, which is probably a good thing.

 Ignore the holes from the toothpicks :)


 I'd also like to share a craft I made back in June for my hubby's first (unofficial) Father's Day. I have this thing called Blognesia where I forget what I've already posted, so I may have shared this already. If so, you can stop reading and I won't be sad. If not, enjoy!

I love getting little notes from JD. Wait, let me rephrase that. I would love to get little notes from JD. The poor guy is a tad lacking in the romance department. I mean this in the nicest way possible. He writes mushy things in birthday and holiday cards, but the "just because" things don't happen too often. I can't really judge because I'm not the best at this either. Okay, enough of telling you all how imperfect our relationship is...

I thought I'd try to bring us some random joy by creating one of these:

 Pinned Image
{click image to see pin}

I went in a little more manly direction with the decoration since it was technically a gift for JD.

Supplies:

-frame with mat
-Sharpie marker
-buttons
-craft glue
-scrapbook paper
-dry erase marker
-Velcro sticky circles

The steps should be self-explanatory just by looking at the finished product. The buttons are INSIDE the glass so the picture frame itself was not altered at all. Okay, I guess I just lied because the sticky circles are on the side. I'm guessing they don't come off clean, but I'm planning on using this forever so that's okay :)

The current message is from me. We've had a great time "talking" to each other this way so far!

Although I haven't used these yet, I'm also sharing another pin. These holiday tags are so cute! I can't wait to wrap presents!!

xoxo,
Sarah
 

9 comments:

Mary said...

mmmm buckeyes...thanks for making me homesick! ;)

Raquel said...

Those buckeyes look delicious!!! I may have to make some of those for Christmas!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

GAH-- I could eat buckeyes every day probably, lol!!!

Miranda said...

those look delicious! i have been wanting to make that message board for awhile! i need to get on it! :)

Cassie said...

you had me at Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls.. love me some Buckeyes!

Stormy said...

I LOVE the love you because sign! SO adorable!

XoXo,
Stormy

lifesadanceyoulearnasyougos.blogspot.com

Audrie Is... said...

This is the craziest thing--I have NEVER heard of or seen these things until this week and now they are popping up everywhere! I love pb so I definitely think I will give it a try!!

Your newest follower xoxo

audrieis.blogspot.com

Emily said...

YUM, anything that resembles a buckeye is delicious in my eyes! :)

I've been wanting to make one of those signs, too!