Monday, November 5, 2012

{5 for Five} Take 2

PartyOfOne 

I am now completely obsessed with this link-up. I love To-Do lists, so this is perfect for me. I try to make my goals a little different from my daily chores/errands and focus on things that I would eventually like to make habits. 


How did I do last week? 


(1) Do my knee and ab exercises every day. (2/5) FAIL

(2) Make dinner every night. (3/5) FAIL

(3) Stay away from the Halloween candy until AFTER Halloween! (3/3)
We had ZERO trick-or-treaters in our apartment complex. This is great for my sweet tooth and horrible for my body.

(4) Blog 3 times. (3/3)

(5) Take my vitamins every day. (2/5) FAIL

Overall, I was unsuccessful :( I've set an alarm on my phone to remind me about my vitamins, so that one shouldn't be an issue this week. I'm carrying over 2 goals in hopes of doing better.

Goals for this week:

(1) Floss and rinse every day. Unfortunately this is not a habit. I have a perfect dental record, but I get lectured for not flossing every time I go to the dentist. 

(2) "Unplug" for 2 evenings. No cell phone, TV, or computer after JD gets home from work. There are exceptions to this, such as talking/texting my parents if they contact me, looking up a recipe, and watching only our scheduled TV shows. I realize having exceptions sort of defeats the purpose....baby steps!

(3) Drink through my water bottle 4 times every day. It's an old bottled water bottle that holds 20 oz. I won't be filling it completely to the top every time, so I'm estimating about 60-70 oz. on the day.

(4) Do my knee and ab exercises every day. (Repeat)

(5) Make dinner or eat leftovers every night. AKA no fast food or take-out. (Revision)
 

LIFE OF MEG

xoxo,
Sarah

7 comments:

Cassie said...

good job not eating the Halloween candy before Halloween! I like your "unplug" goal, that's a great idea!

Stephanie said...

Ahh vitamins are going on my list for next week too, I'm so bad about that. Maybe the phone reminder will help me too, I'll try that. Good luck this week!

Jenn said...

YES! I LOVE that you're obsessed with this link up! Me too :) I'm SO glad to have awesome ladies like you joining in on it too!

My week last week wasn't super successful either BUT I think this week is going to be SO much better!

I love your goal to floss and rinse everyday- I SERIOUSLY need to do that more! I'm also with you on the no fast food/takeout and drinking water.

I'm challenged by your 'unplug' goal! That is SUCH a good idea. I think it's something I'm going to need to implement in my life too :)

Lisette said...

Hi! I found you through the Monday Mingle. This is a cool goal setting ritual. I like it :) Also, what are your knee exercises?
Lisette
Northern Belle Diaries

raisingahappyfamily-momof8 said...

good luck with your goals..unplug is the way to go!!!
I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

Erin said...

It seems that a lot of us are having trouble with that vitamin goal!

Love the floss and rinse goal! I might steal that one for next week! I am also terrible about flossing!

xo

Jessica said...

Thanks so much for linking up! I am SO happy that you're as obsessed with it as Jenn and I are :)

Good job last week, and good luck with this week's goals! Can't wait to see how you did!