Thursday, November 8, 2012

3rd time's a charm...





{Rules}
:: post 11 random facts about yourself ::
:: answer the questions the blogger who nominated set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to ::
:: choose 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post ::
:: go to their page and tell them about the award ::
:: no tag backs! ::


I've participated in the Liebster award before (here and here) , but thought I'd play along again. I mean, who doesn't like talking about themselves? And I have some new followers I would like to introduce myself to :) Hello!
I was nominated by Erin @ New England Charm. One of her recent posts is about unsuccessful first and second dates. While this is unfortunate, her writing makes the story amusing. Go check out her blog!

{11 Facts}
1. My willpower is decreasing with age. I used to be able to say no to desserts. This is no longer the case.

2. I totaled my car the day after I got my driver's license. It wasn't brand new and no one was hurt, thank goodness. But it did result in a month's worth of Saturdays in traffic school.

3. I love cardigans and stripes. Therefore, I especially love this cardigan.

{pic via}

4. JD got me a gift certificate to a spa for our anniversary. I've never had a pedicure or a massage, so I'm super excited  :)

5. I will only use mint toothpaste. No cinnamon or vanilla mint for me. I do not consider those refreshing.

6. I keep greeting cards. I'm not sure why. At least my friends and family know that I really appreciate them.

7. I was valedictorian of my high school class.

With one of my long-time best friends.

8. Despite #7, I did not know the difference between Coney dogs and chili dogs until just now when I discussed it with JD.

9. I don't separate whites and colors when I do laundry. It all goes in together and I've yet to ruin anything.

10. I recently deleted my long-lost Xanga account because I was deeply embarrassed of my teenage self. I hope I am not one day embarrassed of this blog.

11. I enjoy making up new lyrics to common melodies. Paxton has a diaper changing song to the tune of "Someone's in the Kitchen with Dinah".

{Questions from Erin}

1. Tell me about your first kiss OR your first date.
I don't remember my first real date so I'll go with the kiss. I had recently turned 15 (late bloomer, don't judge) and was at a Christian conference...again, let's not judge. My boyfriend and I were in the same youth group, so I wasn't just going around kissing random church boys. Anyway, during the concert portion of the conference the lights went down and with a Christian rock band playing in the background I received my first kiss. Romantic. :-P

2. What is your favorite article of clothing?
My VS yoga pants.

3. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Cerulean. Ever since I colored with my first box of 64 count Crayolas, I was in love with this color.
{pic via Google images}
 
4. What is something that you are really good at?
 I like to think I'm good at organizing. And I love to do it. I have stacks of papers sitting beside me waiting to be filed and I'm so excited!

5. What are your views on marriage?
 Being married, I obviously believe in it.

6. What is your favorite movie and when do you watch it? (when you are happy, sad, need a laugh, ect.)
It's A Wonderful Life. My family watches it once a year around the holidays.

7. How long have you known your oldest friend?
 I have 2 friends I have known since I was 2. We all grew up in the same neighborhood and went to school together (preschool-high school).

8. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Oatmeal Magic Cookie (vanilla ice cream with chunks of oatmeal cookie, chocolate, and coconut).

9. What celebrity, living or dead, would you love to meet?
Oprah. Ellen. Carrie Underwood. Lauren Conrad.

10. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
 This is super hard. I had several teachers I loved for different reasons. I like to think that my own teaching style takes after an English teacher I had in high school. She was super strict the first week, but when we got to know her we understood her sarcasm. Then there was an Education professor who was so in love with teaching. You could tell she enjoyed her job every single day. 

11. Where is the farthest place you have traveled to?
Florida. & I'm hoping to get farther west than Kansas someday :)

{Questions from me}
All my awesome followers are free to answer these questions :) Just leave me a comment!
 
1. What's your favorite dessert?

2. What did you think about the ending to Lost?

3. What's your favorite talk show?

4. Tell me a joke.

5.  What is something you believe in?

6. What is something you don't believe in?

7. Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? (Or some other coffee chain?)

8. Do you wear leggings as pants?

9. What would you eat as your last meal?

10. What is something you are obsessed with?

11. Do you have a loyalty to a certain brand? (Kraft mac n cheese, Folgers coffee, Charmin toilet paper, etc.)

{Nominations}
1. Katie @ Camo-Colored Chaos
2. Miranda @ Aimless Translation
3. Amanda @ Everyday B & B
4. Cassie @ History in the Making
5. Megan @ It's Good to Be Queen
6. Emily @ Simple Suburbia
7. Lyndsay @ Simply Lyndsay
8. Kalin @ Stay Blonde, Ski Local
9. Kimmie @ Sure, Fine, Whatever

I wanted to make sure the blogs I nominated are truly awesome (and I tried not to re-nominate anyone) so I only listed 9 instead of the required 11. When I log on I always look to see if these ladies have posted because I don't want to miss anything! Please go say hello to them :)

xoxo,
Sarah

3 comments:

Miranda said...

aw thanks! i have a thousand of greeting cards because i hate throwing them away!

Kimberly Cotter said...

Thanks for nominating me--I just posted my response! And I keep ALL of my greeting cards, too; I think I still have some from my 7th birthday! :)

Erin said...

Yay! Thanks for answering my questions - I love your answers! I also love cerulean. And you were a beautiful bride!

xo