Monday, October 8, 2012

{show & tell} + my new favorite thing

1. If you could relive any memory in your life, tell us what it would be, and what/if anything you
would change about it? 
I would definitely relive my wedding. I tried to savor each moment, but the day sped by. I wouldn't change much about the day, just a very tiny detail-- my hair. I would wear it the same way, but I wouldn't have gotten it done in a salon first. I had a style in mind and the lady did not execute it to my liking. I paid her and left thinking it would grow on me...but I just ended up taking it down and curling it myself. My hair does not hold curl well, so it loosened up quickly and didn't look great by the time the reception rolled around.
I would also take a honeymoon this time. We went right back home and back to work, thinking that we would wait until summer to go somewhere (this way I wouldn't have to take more time off work). Pregnancy changed our plans so we are still holding out for a romantic getaway! 
2.  If you could be any celebrity or well-known person, show us who you would be.
Lauren Conrad for her closet.

Olivia Wilde for her beauty.



Jenna Dewan-Tatum for her husband.

3. If you won the lottery, tell us would you take the lump sum or take the money over time, would you continue working or quit right away, would you reveal who you are, and what are some of the first things you would spend with your money?
JD and I have discussed this (yanno, just in case) but I forget whether we decided on lump sum or increments over time. It depends when we win...if we're old we should get the lump sum because the remaining money can't be passed on if we die. And does one way have less taxes? I forget...
Since I'm currently taking a year off to be a SAHM, I would probably not go back to work...at least not for a few years :) If I was working, I would finish the school year and then take some time off to be with my little man.
I think it makes sense not to reveal who you are, but I think it would get around. Wouldn't people figure it out?
First, JD and I would pay off college loans, then buy a house, put some away for Paxton, and take a vacation. 
4. If you could live anywhere, show us where it would be and tell us why.
 
Readers, I know you aren't surprised by this! I talk about Ohio all the time! I really want Paxton to grow up around relatives.
And I would choose this famous home from Father of the Bride.
 

5. If you could have one magic power, what would be and what would you do with it?
I would choose to read minds. Although I'm sure this would do more harm than good, I'm nosy!

Now for my new favorite thing...


Fisher-Price Soothe & Glow Seahorse. I don't think Paxton has ever fallen asleep without being held. We also haven't found many things that work with him every time...so later we'll see if this magical toy can go 2 for 2.

xoxo,
Sarah

2 comments:

Kimberly Cotter said...

That seahorse is THE BEST, isn't it?! My first two boys used the same one, but it's a little worn out, so I'm getting a new one for Number 3. :)

Paxton is adorable, BTW--but I'm sure you already know that :)

eliz said...

Ohio has a pretty good reputation...hahaha and I loove your new favorite thing...adorable!