Saturday, September 1, 2012

follower spotlight: {amy}

 {Since I'll be out for awhile obsessing over my new angel, I've set up guest posts for you all so you can meet some of my awesome followers! These are NOT sponsors, just bloggers I truly love.}

 spotlight1

Here is Amy with some cute nursery inspiration!
******************************************************************************

Hi All! My name is Amy from keepin' up with the Smith's. I have the privilege to fill in for Sarah while she is enjoying the amazement of becoming a mommy & snuggling with her sweet bundle of joy. Ohhh, the newborn smell! Mmmm! I'm a first time mom myself. Our little guy Cash was born on 3.30.12. It wasn't that long ago but I already have a hard time remembering what life was like before him.


When my husband & I found out we were pregnant, I immediately started coming up with ideas for the nursery. I had a new theme each day of the week until we found out that we were having a little boy. Luke {the husband} has a serious love affair for all things airplanes. It was only natural that Cash would wouldn't have a choice be surrounded by planes & more planes while drifting off to dreamland. We went the vintage route with the design of Cash's nursery & absolutely love how it turned out. It's a room that I know he will be able to grow into as he gets older.

Enough about me, let's check out what other nursery designs are floating around the Pinterest internet. Some of these nurseries are nice than my master bedroom {insert a smidge of jealousy} but who wouldn't want that for their babe. Without further ado, let's get inspired!

I'm totally crushing on this little guy's nursery. I love how the accent wall has letters as the focal point! The choice of colors, espresso brown, white & shades of blue compliment each other really well. This is a room that a little guy could grow into for sure.


Baby Boy Nursery




Stripes! I like stripes! I would love to have done a striped wall in any room in our house. I like how the little guy's initial is over the crib & accented by a circle. The pennant banner could be simply recreated using fabric & twine or jute.


boy nursery



What is not to love about this nursery? Seriously, the gray, blue, orange & green could not fit better together.   Those are the perfect shades of each color to mix well as a whole. Who would have thought to do the ceiling & walls a different color? And I can I have that rug sent to my house, please?


Nursery Nursery Nursery




If Cash would have been a girl I would have used this picture as inspiration! The dark gray walls definitely pop the different shades of pink. It's girly but not over the top. Again, the initial over the crib...adore! I must have an obsession with initials. Maybe I should get Luke to cut out a "C" for Cash!?


baby girl nursery




Last but not least, another little lady's nursery. I've wanted to try those wall decals that you see below but haven't found the right one or the right space yet. Again, accents of pink makes this room perfect for a girl.


Girl Nursery




Thanks again to Sarah for letting me fill in for you! I hope you enjoy every single second of this mommy thing. It is simply the best!

Stop by keepin' up with the Smith's & say hi! I would love to have you stay a while!

Til Next Time,

Amy

No comments: