Wednesday, August 1, 2012

[help needed]

I have a few great friends from high school and college I know I will ALWAYS keep in touch with. I know no matter where we are, they will contact me to say 'Hello', 'Congrats', or 'How's it going?' Kate is one of those girls. We met through our sorority and were suitemates our sophomore year.

 
Kate's mom was diagnosed with non-alcoholic cirrhosis due to alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, a genetic disorder in which the body does not produce enough protein to protect the liver. Her liver is failing rapidly and she needs a transplant very soon. The health insurance she has does not cover transplants, and it costs hundreds of thousands to get one. If you are interested in helping, please make a donation in honor of Terri Watkins to the National Foundation for Transplants (NFT) Any amount would be extremely appreciated.
In happier news, my other bestie from college, Marinda, is coming to visit today! She's helping her boyfriend move to a nearby town and is making the drive to have a lunch date with me :) I'm guessing we'll end up at Panera for some delish broccoli cheddar soup.
 
Happy Tuesday to all!

xoxo,
Sarah

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh my gosh, thank you for letting me know. Poor Kate and her family!