Sunday, July 8, 2012

liebster II

The sweet Valerie over at Make Mine a Cosmo nominated me for the Liebster Award! I've received this before, but the rules were different this time so I wanted to play along again :) And I wanted to nominate more blogs! So here we go...
First, click on Valerie's button to check her out!!




Make Mine A Cosmo


  "The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome."

 


Here are the rules: 
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!

My 11 Facts
1. I am very predictable when it comes to ordering food at restaurants. Some sort of chicken salad or chicken wrap is what I order 90% of the time. And if there is potato or cheddar broccoli soup available you best believe I'm all over that, too.

2. I treat my cat like my child. When I actually have my baby I'm not sure if I'll act like I have 2 kids or finally treat my cat like a cat.

3. I am super stoked that I now get OWN (the Oprah Winfrey Network). Ever since Oprah went to her own channel, I've had withdrawl. And I've wanted to watch Lisa Ling's show SO badly.

4. I am a strange combination lazy and productive. I strive to get stuff done but ultimately find myself spending time watching pointless TV and checking Facebook every 20 minutes.

5. I have a fear that my child will be allergic to cats. Saying goodbye to my Bert would be the hardest thing ever. People with cat allergies-- is this a genetic thing?? If nobody in my family or JD's family is allergic, is our kid okay?

6. I hate writing Thank You Notes. They always seem so forced and fake. I always put it off for as long as possible.

7. JD and I didn't go on a honeymoon. I had only been at my teaching job for a month before we were married and I didn't feel like taking ALL my sick days, personal days, and unpaid leave for an expensive vacation.

8. My signature drink at my wedding was a John Daly-- lemonade, iced tea, and vodka. Amazeballs. Try it.

9. My favorite type of weather is sunny is 65-70. Jeans and a t-shirt weather with a chill in the evenings that requires a sweatshirt.

10. I've carried a newspaper clipping with the headline "Naked Man Covered in Nacho Cheese Arrested" around in my purse for about 8 years. It makes me laugh every time I see it. I'll scan and share sometime soon.

11. My favorite flower is the Tiger Lily. I remember seeing them on roadsides as a kid and love how cheerful they are.

Answers to Valerie's Questions
 1.  Biggest Pet Peeve? Misspelling of heterographs. Never heard of a heterograph? Check out this lovely chart that explains everything...
File:Homograph homophone venn diagram.svg

Okay. Now that we're all on the same page, allow me to explain. If you've passed 5th grade you should be able to differentiate between two/too/to, there/their/they're, know/now (those don't even sound alike!!), and bred/bread, flower/flour, etc. I have seen WAY too many Facebook statuses from high school graduates with these mix ups. 

2.  Did you play a sport growing up? I was on a summer league swim team from age 6-18, played t-ball and then softball through... 5th grade I think, played basketball from grades 3-6, ran track in junior high,  swam on my high school's swim team for four years, played club volleyball from grades 7-11, and played school volleyball from grades 7-college :)
Whew!

3.  How many pillows do you sleep with at night? Currently...3. 2 under my head and 1 between my knees to support my achy hips. #pregnancyproblems

4.  Favorite slogan or saying? "There are many things in life that catch your eye, but few catch your heart. Pursue those."

5.  Do you have an e-Readers (Nook or Kindle or something else) or a tablet (iPad)? Nope. My husband has a Kindle that I read all 3 Hunger Games books on, though. I prefer hardcopy books!

6.  Have you ever had caviar?  Did you like it? Never had it.


7.  Favorite way to spend your birthday? With friends and family. Relaxing, laughing, and eating good food!

8.  Have you ever had an experience with the supernatural (i.e., ghosts, UFO's, etc.)? Nope. My in-laws live in a haunted house, but I've never experienced anything.

9.  Allergic to anything? Nope!

10.  Dream job? I've always thought being a professional organizer would be awesome...but I've never organized anyone else's stuff but my own, so I don't know. I'm thinking that being a stay-at-home mom is going to be great!

11.  Can you snow ski or snowboard? I've never done either. I think I'd be horrible at both because my sense of balance isn't too keen. Guess I'll never know until I try!

My 11 Questions for the next 11 Recipients: 

1. What TV show do you never miss?
2. What piece of jewelry do you wear every day?
3. Do you call all facial tissues Kleenex?
4. What book would you recommend for my summer reading list?
 5. What's one thing you do but you feel you're too old for?
6. What's one thing you do but feel you're too young for?
7. How do you like your eggs?
8. Which of your Pinterest boards has the most pins?
9. What current fashion/beauty trend do you hate?
10. What's your favorite holiday tradition?
11. What's your favorite dessert?

The 11 Recipients: 
Kathleen at Somethin' Bout a Truck
Jenn at Party of One
Erin at Love, Fun, and Football
Kelsey at Kelsey Anne
Ashley at In this Beautiful Life
Caitlin at From Newlywed to Momma
Allison at In the Queen City
Megan at Captivated
Lindsay at Small Town Kind of Life
Kenli at with love, kenli
Alicia at to columbus & beyond

I love each and every one of these blogs! I know some of you have received this award before. Feel free to play along again :)

xoxo,
Sarah

5 comments:

Brittany said...

What a nice honor. You totally deserve this award. I've really enjoyed following your blog and I have extra love for misplaced Buckeye fans!

Brittany from everydaythoughtsbybrittany.blogspot.com

Allison said...

Thanks so much for nominating me!! What an honor :) Can't wait to check out these other great blogs!

Ashley said...

Thanks for the nomination, you are so sweet!! I cant believe I wasnt following you before, but I am now! :)

caitlin said...

Thanks for the nomination, you're a sweetheart!

Megan said...

Thank you so much for the nomination! You brought my blog back to life! Thank youuu!