Friday, July 27, 2012

[refreshing fashion]

july 27th - favorite summer treat 

I absolutely LOVE Arnold Palmers. Unfortunately, Paxton's heart rate was a little high at my last appointment so I've given up caffeine the past few days in hopes that it goes back down. Calm down moms--before that, the only caffeine I was having was from bottled tea and that was once every couple days. My favorite type is Lite Half & Half: Half Iced Tea and Half Lemonade. This weeks Friday's Fancies is all about basing an outfit on your favorite summer treat. I could dress up like ice cream, but I like that year round. Actually, I like Half & Half year round, too, but it's so refreshing on these hot days! Pairing yellow and brown is a difficult task (without looking like #1 and #2, if you know what I mean....), but I think this outfit combines them well. 

Arnold Palmer

DRESS: AX Paris Polka Dot Dipped Hem Dress, $39 (£25) - republic.co.uk
SANDALS:  Steve Madden Suttle Sandal, $60 - swell.com
EARRINGS:  Brown smokey quartz hoop earrings, $44 (£28) - debenhams.com
BAG:  Vanessa Bruno Athe Brown Cross Body Bag, $218 - asos.com

The maxi dress looks so light and airy for these humid days we've been having. And I actually like the high neckline- very classy. The sandals are lightweight, the jewelry is minimal, and the bag can be worn cross-body. This would be a great "stroll-around-downtown-shops" kinda outfit.
Thoughts? 
What's your favorite summer treat? Head on over to {long distance loving} and link up!

Also, Polyvore automatically made me use a template to create this set. I've never had this issue before. I always have been given the option of using a template...but I dislike them and would rather place the items wherever I want and then be able to move them when I change my mind. 
Can anybody tell me how to NOT use a template?

Last thought for today-- my 100 Followers Giveaway! I will be giving away a Target gift box valued at $20 :) I know we all love gift cards, but this way I get to have a little fun and purchase some cute items for one lucky winner! Check back on Monday to see the items and enter!!   

Have a wonderful weekend,
Sarah  

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love the yellow and brown combo!! So cute!

jeands said...

love that dress and bag. I never knew yellow and brown will look good together.

happy weekend!

Stephanie said...

I also used an Arnold Palmer as inspiration and I have the same sandals in my outfit this week! Great minds... :)

The Preppy Student said...

I love this look. I also love arnold palmer and was so happy when they came out with the zero drink! I am your newest follower. I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! Have a great weekend :)

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

okay, that yellow dress is perfection! I LOVE IT :)

Loving your adorable blog. Oh and my GFC is being weird, but it let me follow your blog through my twitter... way cool, who knew you could do that?! I didn't!