Wednesday, July 4, 2012

my life in {six} words + special clothing

Happy 4th of July!







*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *


Life of Love


I'm getting further behind every day on this challenge! I'll tackle 2 today in hopes that eventually I'll catch up :)
Day 2: Write a {few} six word memoir{s}.

"Six word memoirs are exactly how it sounds: your life in six words. The history behind it is that Ernest Hemingway was asked to write a complete short story in as few words as possible. His response was, 'For sale: Baby shoes, never worn.' This then erupted into a way to tell sad, sweet, honest tales. Some examples from the book Not Quite What I Was Planning: 

'The miserable childhood leads to royalties.' -Frank McCourt
'I've done it all except hear.' -Marlee Matlin"

So, here goes it!

Big potential, but unsure of dreams.

  Newlywed, new teacher, and future momma.

New, exciting adventures wanted; change feared.

*****************************************************************************

Day 3: Tell about an article of clothing that you're deeply attached to.

I have a very hard time getting rid of old sports t-shirts. I have team volleyball shirts from high school and college that I will wear until they fall apart. Each time I put them on I'm reminded of how hard my teammates and I worked and how much fun we had. Those shirts have seen many a early morning workouts, buckets of sweat, smiles, and tears. They are just as good as pictures when it comes to preserving those memories.

Wanna join? Here are the prompts. Write up a post and head on over to Sar's blog to link-up!

xoxo,
Sarah

1 comment:

Sar said...

"New, exciting adventures wanted; change feared." Love that! I also think it's adorable you have all of your old sports tshirts. Maybe you can make a quilt out of them?!