Friday, July 6, 2012

[high five for independence]


This week's Friday's Fancies is all about America! I had a low-key July 4th-- JD and I headed to a friend's apartment for a "grill out/chill out". Yes, that was the phrase used to invite us, ha! I actually ended up wearing an orange maxi, but if I was non-preggo and had had big plans I would've been outfitted in something like this...
Stars and Stripes


Pink top
$11 - chiarafashion.co.uk

J Crew mini skirt
jcrew.com

Paige Denim short shorts
$145 - farfetch.com

Ballet flat
boohoo.com

American Flag Toothpicks
paper-source.com




**********************************************



Photobucket

This is my first time linking up with Lauren @ From my Grey Desk for High Five for Friday :) Here are five of my favorite things from this past week.


{1} Making homemade tartar sauce to go with salmon patties for dinner last night. I was aware that tartar sauce is basically mayo and relish, but I had no idea what else should be mixed in to give it that unique taste. I used...
--mayo
-- relish
-- lemon juice
-- dill weed
-- parsley

I based the mixture off of this recipe found via Pinterest. I started with 2/3 cups mayo and then just threw in the other stuff. Sorry-- no exact measurements here. The relish probably ended up being 2-3 tablespoons and the lemon juice, dill weed, and parsley were just used a tad.

Finished product. Yummy! Please excuse the crumbs at the top from the salmon patty I used to taste test :)

I was planning on using this salmon patty recipe, also, but then I found this premixed deal and decided to just go with it instead.


It was DEE-lish. I definitely recommend it. I think next time I'll try making them from scratch, but this is a great back up plan!

{2} MTV is planning episodes of The Hills for what they're calling "Retro MTV". You can bet I've watched several of them as I get ready, do my morning cleaning, and blog :)

{3} I'm super excited about the reads I got from the library yesterday. I'm ready to dive into one today.


{4} My awesome mentor at work made me this cute wall hanging for Paxton. The pattern matches our nursery theme exactly. So adorable. She is extremely talented in the sewing department.


{5} This deal from Living Social arrived in my inbox yesterday. I love magazine subscriptions, but I refuse to pay full price for any of them. Lucky for me, there are ALWAYS discounts on almost any magazine. I'll be purchasing this soon :)

Happy Friday! 

xoxo,
Sarah

2 comments:

jeands said...

the stripes skirt is so pretty. and the book one day is such a good book to read.

JKT said...

Super cute outfit! I used the striped skirt today too :) Crazy that the Hills can be considered "RETRO" but love it if that means it will be on more :)