Monday, July 23, 2012

bumpdate + some deliciousness.

How big is baby? According to thebump.com, he's about "17.2- to 18.7-inch(es) and 4.2- to 5.8-pound(s)".The size of a honeydew!

Total weight gain/loss? 40 lbs! HOLY MOLY!

Maternity clothes?
Most definitely. (Above, shirt from Kohls and bottoms from Babies R Us). Also, maxi dresses are my best friends.

Stretch marks? Still only a few on my chest.

Sleep? Not bad. I usually wake up after 5 or 6 hours and spend the next couple hours in the recliner. In bed I can only sleep on my sides and my shoulders/hips start to hurt. In the recliner I can be on my back while being half-sitting up. Bathroom breaks every 1.5-2 hours.

Best moment this week? We've {almost} got everything we need {and then some!} Only thing left is a diaper pail.

Movement? Still strong and often-- may be slowing down soon as he runs out of room!

Food cravings? Nothing in particular. Just food in general. Ha!

Gender? BOY!

Labor Signs? Nope.

Belly Button in or out? Flat.

Wedding rings on or off? Off-- on a chain around my neck.

What I miss? The usual: deli meat, fish, Starbucks caffeinated drinks, over-easy eggs, sleeping on my stomach, a variety of clothes options when I get dressed each morning, being able to put on pants and shoes easily, alcohol, and being able to wear my socks and shoes without them cutting into my feet/ankles.

What I am looking forward to? Meeting our little one! 4 weeks :)

Weekly Wisdom? Take the classes offered by your hospital/healthcare provider. Although JD and I haven't learned TOO much that we didn't already know, the classes have made me {a little} less nervous about the big day!

Milestones? Started weekly doctor's appointments!

********************************************************************************************************

Pinterest Yummy

I love recipes with very few ingredients. This allows my grocery list to be simple and the prep shorter, which means eating sooner!! This time I tried out a Berry Cobbler, found here on Pinterest. It is sweet and cake-y despite not having sugar or eggs!

You will need:
1 can diet Sprite, Sierra Mist, or 7-Up (a CLEAR soda)
1 box white cake mix
1 bag frozen fruit (your choice, I used mixed berries)
 
{Step 1} Pre-heat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x12 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
 
{Step 2} Spread frozen berries on bottom of pan.
 
{Step 3} Sprinkle cake mix evenly over berries.
 
{Step 4} Pour soda over cake mix. Do not stir/mix. 
 
{Step 5} Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes.

{Step 6} Eat with a big glass of milk or some vanilla ice cream :)

Happy Monday, all!

xoxo,
Sarah 

7 comments:

MandeeFoFandee said...

you look amazing! also, I am jealous that you only have stretch marks on your boobs! my poor tummy is covered.

Katie said...

looks yummy! Are you keeping the baby name a secret?

Amanda @ everyday b and b said...

Hi Sarah! I nominated you for the Liebster Award...head on over to my blog for the details :)

everydaybandb.blogspot.com

eliz said...

Ooohh beautiful bump! I know that once I get pregnant I am going to miss starbucks the most..hahah He will soon be here!! :-) How exciting!

Jazmine @ Life As A Young Mom said...

awwwwww!!!!! cute bump!!!!! baby will be here soon!!!!

Mateya said...

I can't believe you are this close to meeting your little guy! I guess that's what happens when I dissapear from the blog world for 2 months :) Being a mom is the best! SO excited for you!

Suzy @ Joy Is At Home said...

you look great!!! he will be here before you know it! can't wait to see him!