Friday, June 8, 2012

happy summer :)




Short and Sweet
I enjoy a nice pair of shorts in the summer. Unfortunately, I will only own a few this year because of my ever expanding belly. How glad am I that Friday's Fancies allows me to dream up new outfits every week that I'm never actually going to buy or wear? Very. I can get my fashion urges out via blog instead of angering my bank account (and husband). This week I put together 3 tank-shorts pairs and an accessory to go with each. What do you think?
Short and Sweet


James Perse ruched top
$85 - net-a-porter.com

Linea Weekend sleeveless collared shirt
£35 - houseoffraser.co.uk

H M racerback tank top
£13 - hm.com

J Brand cotton cargo shorts
219 CAD - eluxe.ca

Summer shorts
£20 - bankfashion.co.uk

A|Wear denim short shorts
£20 - awear.com

Armani Exchange strappy leather sandals
$58 - armaniexchange.com

Vintage handbag
$20 - etsy.com

Steel earrings
$25 - etsy.com



*********************************************************************************
Yesterday (Thursday) was the students' last day of school. We had a talent show, a short field day, and then dismissal at 11:15 :) I was in charge of supervising kickball which I was a little concerned about at first. Anytime you put middle schoolers and flying objects together there is a 90% chance of trouble. Luckily, the games went just fine. And I even got 2 Flavor Ices out of the deal.
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=1e5476dc18&view=att&th=137cd7720f19cdc9&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8mMo8aY7JxYS3Eo_kr0_OG&sadet=1339182031367&sads=0MeGci6U1ryAU9iYBV_oXm2Wjgs&sadssc=1 
These made me super happy since it was about 80° outside.

Today I went back into my classroom to finish grading and pack things up. I had no idea how much crap I had collected over the past 9 months until I was forced to organize it and stuff it all into cabinets. A few hours (and a whole grain bagel with veggie cream cheese from Panera) later, I had a clean, bare space.
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=1e5476dc18&view=att&th=137cd77a319445df&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8mMo8aY7JxYS3Eo_kr0_OG&sadet=1339182325117&sads=m8hPhFwdzrzeMrmA6G8iarm8vY0 
I actually got a little sad as I took this picture and walked out the door...


 Now I'm home, ready to enjoy an afternoon of cuddling with my kitty-cat, design shows on HGTV, and napping. HAPPY SUMMER TO ME :)

xoxo, 
Sarah

4 comments:

Allison said...

These are great casual looks... perfect for summer! Enjoy your summer vaca :) Glad I found your blog.. i'm your newest follower!

eliz. said...

Congrats on finishing your first year of teaching...it is a great feeling!

Alyx said...

Happy summer! I'm sure it'll just fly by, and before you know it you'll be back at school decorating your classroom.
that tote bag is totally adorable!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I love these outfits! Everything is wearable and perfect for summer!