Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bumpdate + A Summer Treat

Pinterest Find: Frozen Yogurt Drops

Yogurt Drops: Spoon flavored yogurt into a plastic bag. Squeeze dots onto cookie sheet and place in freezer. They'll be ready in about an hour! | Such a great healthy summertime snack.
Real Life:
I realize the above picture is also 'real life' for someone out there. But for someone not nearly as creative or photography-savy, this is my 'real life'. I made a tad bit of a mess putting the yogurt in the bag (no surprise there) and the chunks of strawberry kept getting stuck in the hole. Naturally, I would squeeze harder to get them unstuck and they would come blasting out, sending yogurt everywhere. Nice.


Regardless of the minor mess, these are delicious! They taste exactly like strawberry frozen yogurt (Who would've guessed?!) and are a perfect summer afternoon snack.


Bumpdate: 30 weeks
Please excuse my tired eyes and gross hair. I spent the morning packing boxes and for some reason decided to take this picture before taking a shower.


How big is baby? According to TheBump.com, he is the size of a squash: 15.2-16.7 in and 2.5-3.8 lbs.

Total weight gain/loss? about 24 lbs! I'm being told by my mother that this is a lot, but the doctor has said nothing and I don't feel that huge. I also can't really do much about it, so I'm choosing to not stress over it.

Maternity clothes?
Oh yes. Stretchy-top pants are thebomb DOT com. I've also taken to wearing my husbands t-shirts.

Stretch marks? Still only on the breasts.

Sleep? Pretty good. Now waking up 2-3 times a night to pee, though.

Best moment this week? Deciding on a name! We're going with...(drum roll, please)...

Paxton Henry

We wanted something unique, but not weird. (Successful?) And Henry was my paternal grandfather's name.

Movement? A lot! Watching my belly move is my new favorite hobby.

Food cravings? Still sweets. And cold drinks--- smoothies, frappuccinos (decaf!), milkshakes, etc.

Gender? BOY!

Labor Signs? Nope.

Belly Button in or out? Almost completely flat.

Wedding rings on or off? Sadly, off. My feet are actually swelling more than my hands, but I decided to retire them to a chain around my neck anyway.

What I miss? The usual: deli meat, fish, Starbucks caffeinated drinks, sleeping on my stomach, a variety of clothes options when I get dressed each morning, being able to put on pants and shoes easily, and alcohol.

What I am looking forward to? My baby showers! I'm heading to Ohio on Saturday to spend Father's day with my family and then the next weekend I'll have 2 showers and a family reunion :)

Weekly Wisdom? If you can help it (we can't), don't move 1.5 months before your due date. I'm frustrated that I can't set up any baby stuff until July!

Milestones? Only 10 more weeks (give or take) to go! Having the "To Go" number so much smaller than the "Accomplished" number is starting to get scary!

2 comments:

elizalouise.bell said...

You're so cute pregnant! and you look like doll in that swimsuit! only 10 weeks to go! ahhh!

xx
Liz

Julie Marie said...

No frapps? Not even one? ;)
Girl where in WI are you? I'm in Milwaukee!