Sunday, May 6, 2012

#winning

Phone/Instagram Dump :)
Cupcakes from a student- pink, because I'm having a girl!
Saw this gem while apartment searching last weekend. Wow.
Milk in my bookworm mug and E.L.Fudge cookies :)
Costco stopped by our school today with some treats (oh, yeah..and brochures about becoming a member). Obviously I was just in it for the food. These were the biggest strawberries I had ever seen. Seriously. They  make those cookies (which were larger than my palm) look tiny. Delish!

  ************************************************************
I've recently been nominated for 2 blog awards :) I feel so grateful to have people read, let along recognize, my blog!

First is the Versatile Blogger Award from Allie. She is a lovely lady who makes me jealous with her fashion sense and this cooking class she went to. Can you say NOMS? Thanks, Allie!

Each Nominee Should:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
2. Add an image of the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link to their site.
4. Share seven completely random facts about yourself.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination.

7 Random Facts About Me :)
1. Stairs with open backs scare me. I feel like I'm going to over step and slip right through.

2. The hubby and I found a new apartment. It's not official yet, but we're very excited about finding almost everything we were looking for in one place. Here's the layout:

Downstairs on the left, upstairs on the right. 
We were hoping for an open/island kitchen, but this one at least has 2 entrances which is better than a typical galley-style. There also isn't a storage closet, so we'll have to be creative with where we want to store our bikes in the winter. Other than that, we're pleased :)
 
3. I have 23 more days left in my first year of teaching! 2 of these are standardized testing days, 2 are field trip days, 2 are early release days, and 2 include assemblies...SO that means 15 more regular days :)

4. I'm excited for this show to return on Mother's Day. You can judge me for watching trashy TV if you'd like. I do not care.

5. This morning I watched the "growing up" slideshow JD and I made for our wedding reception. I must say, we were both so adorable as kids :)
Second year of pre-school. I'm not sure why I went through a smiling-with-no-teeth stage.
6. KFC is currently having a Free Cake special. This relates to me because I was pleasantly surprised when I got a free cake today. And it's DELICIOUS. Go out and eat some extremely unhealthy chicken and get an even more unhealthy chocolate cake while you're at it.

7. In addition to chocolate cake, I'm also a lover of ice cream. (Seriously, how unhealthy do I seem right now?!). I currently have this in my freezer..


15 Nominated Bloggers
(in no particular order)
13. so shay
15. shasta anne    

All of these blogs are very popular so you may have received this award before. Don't feel obligated to go through the 7 facts about you and nominating 15 people again :) I just wanted to share the love!

 
 "The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favorite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to five more blogs of note."

The second award is the Liebster Blog Award from Mary. Mary is a sorority sister of mine and just a sweet girl :) Go on over and say hi! Thanks Mary!!
 
1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back the Blogger who awarded you.
3. Give your top 5 picks for the award (I had to pick 6.).
4. Inform your top 5 by commenting on their blog.
5. Post the award on your blog.
5 Nominated Blogs
Until next time...
xoxo,
Sarah  

3 comments:

Mateya said...

Yay for finding a new apartment!

Thanks for the blog love :)

MandeeFoFandee said...

thanks for the blog love!

and congrats on having a little girl! :D

I thought from the beginning that ours was a girl, but he surprised us! ;)

Allie said...

You're very welcome and thank you for the nomination. I've already been awarded the versatile blogger award, but I appreciate the nomination. Love your blog girl! xx, Allie