Monday, April 30, 2012

Bumpdate: 24 Weeks


 (Pic from 23 weeks...trying on summer dresses. I'm planning on living in these once the weather is warm enough.)

Total weight gain/loss? Probably about 9 lbs? Next dr. appt. is a week from today.

Maternity clothes?
1 shirt and 2 pairs of pants but I refuse to wear the pants because although they feel good around the tummy, they are HUGE in the crotch and thigh areas.

Stretch marks? a few on the breasts :(

Sleep? Waking up once a night to use the bathroom, but I always go right back to sleep.

Best moment this week? Starting our registry! (although that was a TIRING experience)

Movement? On and off throughout each day.

Food cravings?Chicken wraps, chocolate cake, cookies, cheese (but none of these are really anything new!)

Gender? GIRL!

Labor Signs? Nada, knock-on-wood.

Belly Button in or out? Almost completely flat.

Wedding rings on or off? On. No swelling yet.

What I miss? deli meat, fish, Starbucks caffeinated drinks, over-easy eggs, sleeping on my stomach, a variety of clothes options when I get dressed each morning.

What I am looking forward to? Our 2nd ultrasound. The first one came back with some brain measurements that are at the high-end of normal. So, we were asked to get another one. It's coming up this Friday and we hope to see that the numbers haven't gotten any higher.

Weekly Wisdom? If you're a first time mom and overwhelmed at the thought of registering for allllll that baby stuff, get the book "Baby Bargains" by Denise and Alan Fields. My cousin recommended it to me and it REALLY helped.

Milestones? Making some of the "big" decisions like the stroller, car seat, pack-n-play, and swing.

STROLLER: Graco FastAction Fold in Bermuda

CAR SEAT: Graco SnugRide 35 in Bermuda

PACK-n-PLAY: Graco Pack 'N Play Playard in Forest Friends

SWING: Graco Sweetpeace Infant Soothing Swing in Elefanta

We're trying to go gender neutral with the big items so we will be able to use them again if we have a boy. Our nursery colors/theme will be pink, though, don't worry :) We had originally wanted this set...

Carter's Pink Elephant in Pink/Chocolate
Buuuuuuut it's out of stock for shipping and not sold in stores. So we can't put it on our registry right now. Luckily I found the quilt on Amazon! We already picked out crib sheets, blankets, etc. that are chocolate brown and pink.

Okay, moms-- have you used any of these products/brands?? If you have any information on them that I may find helpful, PLEASE let me know. We haven't purchased any of this yet so we can always change our minds. Thanks!! 

3 comments:

Mateya said...

How did I miss this announcement?! Congratulations!!!!

Mary said...

Hey! I love the pink and brown! I also blogged about your blog today! http://bit.ly/Irma7Y :)

elvi said...

You look great!!! I know nothing about baby stuff so I guess I will learn through you hahaha