Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Spring Showers

I'm back with Friday's Fancies after who knows how many weeks I've missed. This past week has been a little damp so I was happy to see the theme was all about wet weather wear. I'm really not a huge fan of umbrellas. I've never owned one that hasn't turned inside out, randomly popped open inside, or refused to shut. However, I enjoyed looking through all the cute styles on Polyvore. I do love rainboots, so this was my favorite part of these outfits. I used to wear my navy-blue-with-rainbow-colored-mini-hearts rainboots around my college campus any time it even sprinkled and my roommate would give me the hardest time about. My feet were always warm and dry, though, so I didn't mind :) Okay, enough of my rambling...here are my outfits for this week's link-up.

Spring Showers


Wildfox Couture scoop neck top
$195 - mytheresa.com

Ralph Lauren Sport v neck top
$41 - amazon.com

Hollister Co. embroidered jeans
$50 - hollisterco.com

Eastex knee length pencil skirt
£65 - debenhams.com

Burberry checkered shoes
$180 - couture.zappos.com

Neon pink shoes
£85 - office.co.uk

Umbrella
$30 - topshop.com

Printed umbrella
£25 - johnlewis.com

Alexander McQueen skull umbrella
£330 - harveynichols.com



The first outfit is dressy...for if I had to walk to work (or maybe even from the short trip from the car to the building). Then, I could change into my regular shoes.

The second and third outfits are casual. I was thinking back to my time on campus again and reminisced wearing cute but comfortable clothes every waking minute.

Looking back, I should have added some coats into this mix because when it rains in the spring, it's usually a little chilly. Oh well, I'm sure the rest of the bloggers in the link-up added some that I can look at :)

Happy Friday everyone :) Even though my Spring Break is coming to a close, I am looking forward to spending the weekend with my in-laws. Hubs and I haven't seen them since the holidays. It's also our first time seeing them since our pregnancy announcement so I'm sure there will be a lot of baby talk.

xoxo,
Sarah

3 comments:

Ashley {styleash} said...

I'll take outfit #3 please! Love the bright pop of yellow on a gloomy day.

Jayme and Mendi said...

I love #2 and #3! I'd wear them both. We had to go with some rain boots in our Friday's Fancies too - coral Hunters! We are following you via GFC.

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings
BTW - our blog just turned 1 this week so we are having a giveaway if you want to enter. http://herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/2012/03/1-year-blogiversary-giveaway.html

Michelle @ The Vintage Apple said...

Oh my goodness! I love those coach rain boots! Adorbs! Hope you had a great weekend!