Friday, May 27, 2011

fashion + fancies + award= long post.

I previously posted about my search for wedding guest outfits. I'm going to 1 wedding in July and another in September, which I will be speaking in. At my age, I'm hoping to look grown up, but still fashionable. I'm in the awkward too-old-for-the-junior's-section but too-young-for-the-women's-section stage. 70% of dresses I try on are too short. Others are too boob-a-licious. Here are a few that make the "photo sharing" cut!

Photobucket
(1) The "love child of a zebra and a cheetah" dress- H&M
Positive(s): I like how flow-y this dress is. The pattern isn't something I would normally wear, but the simple color scheme makes it a little less crazy.
Negative(s): The material is thin and silky which equals STATIC. I guess I could wear a slip...but does anyone younger than my mother actually wear those things??

Photobucket
[ignore the bra straps]
(2) Color block strapless- H&M
Postive(s):  Versitile. Can be dressed up or down with several different shoes and accessories.
Negative(s): Boobs are shaped with wire and I don't exactly fill it out. May have to try a size down and hope that the waist still fits.

Photobucket
[ignore the bra straps again...and the hanger loop]
(3) Orange sherbet strapless- H&M
Positive(s): I love the unique color. I also love how I look in it. 
Negative(s): Too dressy? & I don't think I would ever wear it again.

Thoughts?

***********************************************************************

This weeks Friday's Fancies with {av} @ {long distance loving} is all about the 3-day weekend!

I'm a little sad I'll be missing the 73rd Annual Bloom Township Firefighters Fish Fry (in Lithopolis, Ohio). :( I've attended every single year for as long as I can remember. 
 
But, my holidays (because what's the fun in celebrating just one day?) will be spent at cookouts & the World's Largest Brat Fest!

Johnsonville brats + corn on the cob + vodka&lemonade + music + sunshine (on Monday at least) = awesome.

Here's what I'd like to wear for the festivities:


**************************************************************************

 The lovely Kristin @ Crown Jewells gave me my very first blogger award!!
It's so nice to know that not only do people read my blog, but they like it :) Thanks, Miss Jewells!
Playing along with the rules of the award, here are 10 facts about me:

 [1] my wedding day is 10.1.11.

[2] i've donated my hair twice.
Photobucket

[3] nacho cheese may very well be my favorite food.
 don't judge.


[4] i've never been outside the USA.
 However, JD and I are headed to the Bahamas on a Royal Caribbean Cruise for our honeymoon!!
 
[5] i played volleyball in college. 
Photobucket

[6] i'm currently reading Bridget Jones's Diary (for the first time).
 haven't seen the movie, either.


[7] i compulsively check my e-mail.
 like, way too often.


[8] my favorite ice cream is Oatmeal Magic Cookie (vanilla ice cream, oatmeal cookie bits, m&m's, and coconut.
 Gypsy Joe's Ice Cream in Lancaster, Ohio


[9] my least favorite sport is soccer.
 never had an interest in it. i don't know all the rules (besides the basic get-the-ball-in-the-goal and no-hands). and i have no control over my feet.
 
[10] my favorite quote is "There are many things that catch your eye, but few catch your heart- Pursue those!"
My daddy wrote this on a piece of paper and gave it to me when I was having a frustrating day. It's been my favorite ever since.


Annnnnd, now I'm passing on this award to 10 other bloggers! I love these ladies and always enjoy reading what they have to say :) 

A Geek Tragedy
Being Brynn
Fickface
Good News for People who Love Bad News
Hello Miss Chelsea
ifs ands & butts
Let It Be.
Outnumbered
Sweet American Honey
The Nelson Diaries
********************************************************************
p.s.- click the button!
pretty please?

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

I vote for the orange one!! It is really cute! It would be nice with a little cardigan!

brynn. said...

ok, the first dress is amazing. and if there were an H&M in houston, i would be driving there riiiiight now.

also, nacho cheese is my favorite food. no maybe about it. soccer and baseball are my least favorite sports...and it just so happens i have to go to a baseball game tonight... and the only thing i am looking forward to is eating some nachos. is that sad?

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i like the first dress the most :) congrats on the award and have a great weekend! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Mateya said...

I love all the dresses!

Great choices!

Sar said...

Found you through 20SB and I love your blog! Keep it up.

I'm a fan of the first dress too! It's flowy but nice. If you don't like the "too old for juniors but too young for misses," check out Ann Taylor's LOFT stores (ah-may-zing). They have some adorable, affordable (and sometimes a little not-so-affordable) dresses that fit your (my!) age group. Plus, they're grown-up but fashionable, and you can catch some pretty great ones on sale. The regular sized dresses are always too long for me (and I'm 5'2-3ish) so maybe they'll be appropriately sized! Also, if you have a Premium Outlet close to where you live. LOFT has an outlet store with just as great dresses for even better prices.

And that was probably way too much information in a blog comment, but hope it works!

-Sar

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

On the H&M dresses, I love the 1st one on you. For static....I'm stumped on that one. Finding a slip that short is next to impossible. What about boy shorts in a silky finish?

I'm your 50th follower!

Michelle :)

elvi said...

Orange one is great!!!

Miss Jewells said...

What a fun list! I'm the same way about email - it's kind of sick how often I check it! And a cruise for your honeymoon sounds like so much fun!! We went to the Bahamas once (Nassau) and had a great time! If you guys stop there, you definitely have to check out their market right by the cruise port - tons of great, cheap finds!

{av} | {long distance loving} said...

Sarah! I am in love with that first H&M dress--so pretty and perfect for weddings! {Yours is inching up so quickly--yay!} I am also IN LOVE with your Friday's Fancies :) and the fact you went to a Brat Fest--my inner German is super jealous! Hope all is going well! I'm so happy to have you as a Friday's Fancies faithful :) xoxo {av}

p.s. be sure to stop by and enter my fab Whiting & Davis giveaway--you could win a handbag worth over $200!

Ashley Sloan said...

I love the H&M dress...so darn cute! And I compulsively check my email too haha. It is SOO bad. Like every few minutes, wow that is embarrassing to admit. And how fun! I had a few friends play volleyball for Utah and BYU :) Have a great day!

Ashley Sloan, Check out my hat giveaway :)